1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel guilty. (kinda ranting)

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by CharlieHK, Jan 27, 2014.

1. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

I may be male in my head but that doesn't change the fact that once a month mother nature attempts to ruin all my light colored clothing.

Yes ladies and gentleman I am talking about the oh so wonderful period.

I have really bad ones though. I can be fine in the morning, and puking from pain in the afternoon. A lot of my friends say get on birth control, but I know from my own family that it's all fine an dandy when youre on the pill but then you get off and it comes back even worse. So no thank you.

I have never seen my period as anything to look forward to except the whole "youre not pregger, here lemme make the toilet into a murder scene".

My girlfriend Kelsey (MtF) has openly told me that she's jealous other girls get to have periods.

And she knows it's a real hell for me (heavy hard painful flow has been in the family on my mom side for generations). But it doesn't change the fact that she still wants one.

I can't understand wanting to have what feels like I'm trying to birth a cactus one needle at a time for five to six days, but she says it's just to feel like a woman. She wants the good and the bad.

I get that.

It doesn't change the fact that I have a lot of pain. (You know Midol? Yeah, that magic period pill does squat unless i take a dose and a half and then I'm a little fuzzy).

I feel guilty for having a period. Like every time i grunt in pain it's a slap in the face to her. "Look what you won't ever experience".

I just needed to rant. :bang:

2. darklord

I think she just would like to have periods to feel more like a woman... But I really doubt how many women actually likes having periods, especially if they're painful.
    Maybe this desire is like desire of a pre-teen to grow up (though many girls also aren't looking forward to it)... One may wish to get periods so they feel ”normal”...

You definitely don't need to feel guilty for having suffering.

3. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

I can kind of get the mindset, actually. Because I'd seriously kill to have awkward boners in nursing homes.

Anyway. Ahem.

I dunno. Periods are supposed to be this huge female rite of passage. So maybe it's not so much "gee, I wish I could ruin the Victoria's secret" but wanting to be part of that whole "girl's club"?

I mean, I'd do anything to give up my membership but anyway...

4. Tayb24

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, you can throw me in the camp of trans girls jealous of girls with periods. I feel sorry for the guys that have to deal with periods though, it's really unfair for all of us =(.

It's a little bit to do with the fact that I will forever, no matter what I do, not have that common experience with women and can never relate to them on that level. I'm sure that you have similar feelings towards some male experiences though. I would try not to feel bad about having something that is out of your control, it may hurt your girlfriend when you have it, but I'm sure she doesn't blame you for it. It's just unfortunate for the both of you =(.

5. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    First, I think it's great that you at least try to see where your girlfriend is coming from, considering how "opposite" your circumstances are, but there's also really no point in feeling guilty for something you have zero control over. The way I see it, wanting to share experiences with other members of their gender is quite common for transsexuals, and unfortunately, no amount of hormones or surgery is going to replicate the opposite sex body and its functions perfectly.

It might help to remember that there are genetic males and females who, for whatever reason, cannot function "normally", and they go through something similar a lot of times, not feeling "man" or "woman" enough, and feeling robbed of something others easily take for granted.

This is another unfortunate issue that comes with dating someone else who suffers from dysphoria, but perhaps you could share with the other what it's like, since that might be the closest you two would come to experiencing it. Or maybe not, especially if it's uncomfortable or painful to bring up.