1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making friends

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Nerkpoop78, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Nerkpoop78

Ok so I was wondering if everybody makes their friends based on a common interest of some sort or is it just a few of us. It's because I hardly ever play games and not much of a sporty type, which kinda restricts my social circle of friends. Plus I'm sorta a studious student so I don't really talk in class when people do. So I kinda miss every opportunity to make friends. Oh and today, I had a pretty weird encounter. So I was in school and was heading towards the toilet. In front of the toilet entrance, there was this trio who sorta approached me by calling my name. I clearly didn't know them so I was like kinda awkward. Then one of them spoke and said that for his sweet sixteen, he was going to organise a "cuddle party" and asked if I wanted to attend it. I was like what did he just say? I actually wanted to say yes but I clearly had no idea what a cuddle party was and it sounded sexual and suspicious. So I refused his offer(I hope I said it politely cause I was sorta in a rush). Was it right of me to refuse his offer and does anyone have any idea what a "cuddle party " is?

2. Ash93

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly, if it weren't for the fact that I attend an alternative school, I probably wouldn't have many friends. Most people don't like to be around me because I'm loud and not afraid to tell someone they're being an idiot, and in general I love having the attention on me....well except for these past few weeks to a month.

Anyway, the friends I do have are a real mix. Most of me are in drama club, orchestra, or artists. We met in orchestra, and even though I don't play any more, we're still friends. I think you meet people with general common interests (like orchestra) and friendship expands from their.

I have no idea what a cuddle party is, but I do know that if you don't really know the people, you probably wouldn't be comfortable at the party. I think it's probably a good thing that you didn't agree to go, especially with that suspicious theme...

On the other hand, if you want to make friends, find people who do something you do quite often, and use it as an icebreaker. A common interest helps, but you don't need a lot to make friends, just one :slight_smile: Good Luck!

3. darklord

I also recommend you to find people who have common interests with you. Join some hobby, find a group of people who do things you like. When there are common interests to talk about, friendships tend to develop naturally :slight_smile:
    And as Ash pointed out, you don't really need a lot of friends. Quality is more important than quantity, by far.

4. Nerkpoop78

I'll try. I haven't really got any hobbies but animes and mangas should suffice.thabks for your comments!

5. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    I usually make friends with people because of proximity. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    But if you have a common interest or two, it makes it much easier. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. darklord

You could check whether there is anime/manga club close to you :slight_smile:

7. MrSmooth

MrSmooth Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sense of humor always work for me. When I make people laugh they tend to wanna be around me more.