1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The man in my head is gone

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ember, Jan 31, 2014.

1. ember

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think I've hit another emotional plateau. In the past I've been pretty confused about my identity. One of the main things that messed with me was that I could see myself in the future as a man. I'd be thinking about some thing and sometimes I'd just end up envisioning myself as a guy. I guess I hadn't really when it went away, but now I can no longer see myself as a man in the future; it's just not there! This vision of "myself" I think was years of my parents and my aunt and my grandparents always telling me "When you grow up and have a wife and kids, this this and this" or something like that. I think losing him from my mind really helps with my confusion. I'm still not sure of a lot of things, but this makes me feel a bit better.:slight_smile:

#1 ember, Jan 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  2. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Yeah, I had the same thing. Like, for years, I couldn't imagine growing up as a guy, right? I'd accepted I'd grow up as a woman without question.

Now, I can't see myself as growing up as anything but a man and it's a nice feeling.

3. setnyx

i'm glad for you! it was too late to act on anything for me after i quit hearing the tapes in my head of ( you're a GIRL god doesn't make mistakes you'll be happy when you meet a man,have babies )... yada,yada.

4. justjade

I'm glad. :slight_smile:

I'm still kind of going through it, but I hope to get to the point where the girl in my head is gone. I can see it happening, but I'm still not quite there yet. I sometimes have days where I'm more or less "full male" and other days when I don't feel very convincing. But I do see myself as a guy, always, even if not now.

I wish you the best. :slight_smile:

5. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm glad you're feeling better and I hope it stays that way.

Do yourself a favour though because this is a trap I've been falling in to myself recently. If you keep feeling better because of this and you start feeling happy most of the time, make sure you remember WHY you feel happy! Every so often when I'm in the middle of a few good days I can tolerate a few body things that usually really bother me and start to wonder why I'm doing things, it takes me a couple of minutes to remember why that was...I've done it in the past with lots of things, do something that makes you happy then stop when you are happy and get miserable again...don't make that mistake! :slight_smile:

6. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    Awesome news. <3