1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i just get sad (mtf)

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by warholwendy, Feb 2, 2014.

1. warholwendy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    before i've had off-and-on feelings of wanting to be the opposite sex but recently it's been hitting me hard and i am certain that i am trans. i am out to my peers but no one else this is because my bff told everyone (we've handled this, still friends) and like had to explain and crap

i get crushes on girls occasionally but i just mentally force myself out of it because i know i can never be with them because they're all straight and i would much rather live the life i want to than be someone other than who i am.

i think about how much better it would be if i was just born as the opposite sex sometimes.

i just get sad.

2. jasdav

jasdav Guest

Dont be sad! Unfortunately, I cant help too much because im not in the same situation as you, but i can tell you that if you like a girl/boy go for it. It never hurts to ask. And if they say no, wait till you find the right person. I do have a friend that has the same issue, and he has said the same things, but it will work out. Your you for a reason :slight_smile:

3. warholwendy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    thanks man

i listen to rhett and link's podcast "ear biscuits" occasionally and i like what shay carl said on there about happiness being a choice. i try to choose to be happy but occasionally the sadness just comes out.

but thanks for the post it was very nice and effective. :slight_smile:

4. Claudette

Claudette Guest

It's ok MD ^^ I am in your boat! well kinda out of it now... I'm trans as well, MTF. but..there are plenty of lesbians out there... albeit, not all open to be with a trans, but they do exist... I mean... I will be one of them lol but just remember, until you get on HRT... you still have testosterone... and it will make you attracted to women(genetics aside and such)

5. ArcticPixie

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I know the feeling! I have crushes on girls and force myself out of them to!

I can't wait for HRT!

6. warholwendy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    thanks people

7. Evil Kitten

I don't see why testosterone would make you attracted to girls as there are plenty of gay men who definitely have testosterone and are not attracted to girls. Being attracted to whoever is from your orientation and while I have heard people say transitioning has changed theirs it sounds more that they have just admitted to themselves or realised what it already had been.

8. warholwendy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There are people that change sexual orientation over time it's not a one thing that is true forever

---------- Post added 3rd Feb 2014 at 11:22 AM ----------

not saying it will always change but it can

9. Claudette

Claudette Guest

I meant it plays a part, not that it determines it, I love.love women... But ever since the estrogen started to do its role I've been more sensitive, if not piqued by male "scents"

#9 Claudette, Feb 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2014
  10. Holdingb

Holdingb Guest

Pfft, don't get down because of being trans, if anything find pride that you are (just don't be stereotype :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:). Think about it, if you are LGBT, you have normal responsibilities (LGBT people too? nooooo...) and you have to deal with all the extra 'stuff' life throws at you. So would being born straight and cis be easier? Like hell it would. But for me, being trans is part of my identity and if I can't be happy about who I am, then, well that sucks. If you find your attractions to be actual love, then there is nothing stopping you from loving, c'mon you're only 13, perfect age to at least 'start' dating a little. You might find your soul mate in middle school, odds are you won't, it's jut a guilty pleasure a lot of teenagers indulge in.

Not implying that you are depressed or suicidal, but sometimes it is great having a consciousness of "I'm Alive." Again, not to say that you have it great, or others have it worse. Simply the feeling that you exist, and that what's happening is right now and everything is going on around you. Whenever I am feeling sad about something, I do (arguably) logical things. Sometimes it is good to cry and complain silently about how bad I have it, but that having the lasting effect of me realizing how selfish everyone is can screw over the purpose of getting it out. Probably the better way to get over sadness or jut to be happy, is to do something you are passionate for. Like to sing? Sing, Like to dance? Dance. It's hard to be sad if you are doing something you simply love to do- hell, it doesn't even need to be you doing anything, I know listening to my favourite playlist calms me down a ton and puts me in a great mood.

Seriously though, you're special and unique and no one is like you, you have to take pride in that and be happy that you ARE you! :grin:

11. warholwendy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  12. Techno Kid

There is nothing wrong with being gay and trans* and I think there is someone for everyone! ♥ :slight_smile:

13. warholwendy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  14. Techno Kid

:eusa_clap Yeah! :grin:

15. warholwendy

Gender Pronoun:
    They