1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Voice training?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by warholwendy, Feb 3, 2014.

1. warholwendy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This for me will only apply years into the future I don't plan on starting my transition until after college for various reasons but this could be useful to other people.

Is there away to train your voice so it sounds a certain way (i.e. like a [wo]man) naturally, or at least to the point where you habitually change it so you don't ever half to think? I imagine having to consciously change your voice all the time would get annoying especially for the ones that don't want to go through surgery for their voice.

2. Claudette

Claudette Guest

Look up voice feminization by kathe Perez, I'm currently using this, and I've noticed in gradually speaking in a more female tone, I still can't pass on the phone but I am getting better

3. warholwendy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks.

I'm asking this because looks-wise I shouldn't have very much trouble because I already have a rather feminine face so with a few dietary adjustments and maybe some HRT and minor surgical procedures I should have the look down but my voice is very masculine so that's a problem.

4. Yosia

You can undergo vocal surgery but i would definitely try training before you even think of surgery as it is very risky and sometimes can ruin your voice altogether

Im trying to achieve a more feminine appearance too but not as trans but androgynous ^^
    Good luck!

5. warholwendy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks man. I don't want to go through vocal surgery it seems a little too risky plus the most well respected ones aren't anywhere close to where I live.

6. Claudette

Claudette Guest

yea, Vocal surgery is risky.. plus.. you'll permanently loose the ability to sing :frowning2:

7. warholwendy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people