1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I gender fluid?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Zinnia, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Zinnia

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So me and my friends were talking about gender, and I asked them what being both a girl and a boy was called, and they all said gender fluid and continued to question me about it like they thought that's what I was. I said no of course, but now I'm wondering if maybe I actually am.
    I remember when I was about 10 and I hadn't grown breasts yet, and tried really hard to make people think I was a boy; I dressed like a boy, I tried to hang out with boys. I started acting like a girl again after a few months, but then I started desperately wanting to be a boy again about two years later.
    I know I can't be transgender, because growing up I've always felt fine with being a girl. Apparently transgender people just think they're the opposite gender when they're a little kid. Plus, I have plenty of girly stuff and I wear make up, but I also have a short haircut and several more boyish clothes.
    I always joke about how I'm secretly a man, but I thought it was just a joke. Apparently my friends took it seriously and thought I might be transgender, and now they think I'm gender fluid and keep asking me if I've figured it out yet.
    I don't care what your opinion is on what age I should be to start thinking about this. Just please give tell me if you think this means I'm gender fluid or not. I'm biologically a girl by the way.

2. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

Uh..yeah that sounds pretty fluid to me. Just a keep in mind everyone has phases...regardless of age. In my opinion you sound gender fluid, though.

3. KindaSad

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I went through the exact same thing when I was 10!!! Wow, it's amazing how many things I have in common with people on here. Anyway, I think it's very important that you look up a complete list of gender identities. There are so many it could make your head spin. From what you've said here, though, I believe that you're androgynous. This means that you hold certain qualities of both a male and a female, but you don't strongly associate yourself with either. It's funny that they chose to call you "gender fluid", because many people believe that both gender and sexuality are always fluid. All it means is that it's subject to change, which isn't very specific. All that being said, this is something you need to research and learn about by yourself. There are a lot of resources on tumblr, or search google for a list like I mentioned before. Good luck!

4. frkn frk

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I do not intend this to be rude, because I am revealing what I go through. When I feel that way I find I'm usually already being self-centered in wanting gratification. Basically, just horny

5. KindaSad

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    That's really not okay. That's like... beyond insensitive. You don't say things like that to people who are struggling.

6. Zinnia

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks everyone! I've been doing research and I think I might be bigender, but I'm going to wait and see before I actually take that label. Thanks :slight_smile:

7. Blondeye

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Y does that sound so sexual to me??? Lol!!!