1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another problem...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ArcticPixie, Feb 8, 2014.

1. ArcticPixie

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Well I don't know what to do now...

The band I was in last year have approached me asking for us to reform, with the intention of playing shows across the east coast. It wouldn't be a problem if I was just playing bass but, well

I would be the lead singer.

So yeah, they have every intention to try and keep the band together for the foreseeable future, which causes problems for me. I can either say I cant, come out to them, or say I only want to play bass, which would look weird because I have always been the singer (I learnt bass when our old bassist left).

The fact I likely wouldnt be able to sing in performances again after i transition hurts, its been a central part of life for 15 years, but now this? I've never felt THIS crap, I loved playing in the band, loved the atmosphere and everything that came with performing on stage. the I don't know what to do...

---------- Post added 9th Feb 2014 at 12:22 PM ----------

Sorry for the grammatical errors, im on my phone :/

#1 ArcticPixie, Feb 8, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  2. Moogie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi :slight_smile:

I would advise you to come out to them. It may be hard for you, but that effort is worth it. You want to stil be a part of a band and giving it up, when it means a lot to you, would be a shame. Be brave (*hugs*)

Btw. Do you think they will be accepting of you?