1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

orientation questioning

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Claudette, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Claudette

Claudette Guest

Hey hey! I have a question on well orientation!
    I started to accept my Dysphoria about a month ago(& HRT) when I did I only had urges for other women.
    Since I've been letting more and more of my real female out, and accepting it I've begun to question my orientation (like just started yesterday).
    I've been thinking about being with a guy... And everytime I think about it, it becomes more acceptable.

I'm not asking if it's normal, just curious if it's from me, or a result from the hormones(dr said it could happen at a low chance)

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Could be either, or both. Apparently a lot of trans women find they are more attracted to guys the longer they live as female.

3. Miss Emma

Miss Emma Guest

You know, I have had my wife voice that as one of her concerns in me transitioning. She read somewhere that "a lot"of us change or orientation when we transition. You say your Dr said it's was a small chance? I've seen a lot of stories about trans women who like women. Actually I've seen more of us as lesbians or bi rather than straights. Maybe she has a legitimate concern?

4. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't think it's really the hormones but more about accepting one's self. It's very difficult to date when you don't like the role you'll have to assume in a relationship. Once you get that part figured out, you are now open to questioning. I didn't even start hormones yet (getting there), but as I've been transitioning, I started being more open to my sexuality in general instead of always pushing it at the back of my mind.

5. Claudette

Claudette Guest

I think you're right... now that i've begun to accept myself... I do feel open to more things, sexual orientation aside... I want to go outside to jump, dance and shout lol so to say, whereas I would just sit inside my "Cave" of an apartment playing games lol

6. Just Jess

I think the reason it changes with hormones is because hormones kill a lot of the "take the lead" motivation, kinda hard to explain, but on estrogen sex is a more passive thing. So I think with some people, that kind of opens some doors and closes others. But I think that overall, it's more discovery than it is change. I think also, a lot of us that were never open to the idea of being with a guy before we started changing, think about it for maybe the first time.

But I really think you have to have that capability. Not all of us do. It's fun to discover but it always makes you feel like crap if you try to make yourself like something you just don't. So never force anything. If you find being with a guy makes you feel better the more you think about it great :slight_smile: And the other way too, there's nothing wrong with you if it never changes.

With me it has kind of had the opposite effect I have heard from some other people, I really like how "equal" sex between women is and knowing someone else feels what I do. So I think I'm gayer than I was before. I was able to experiment with a guy back when I was one completely on the outside, no anything, but I probably couldn't do that now that I've started transition.

Of course I personally won't be able to be with anyone in that way anyway until I'm comfortable with my body. So I keep an open mind.

Glad to see you're discovering yourself :slight_smile: