1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really Dont Like What I See...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by PhoenixisRising, Feb 10, 2014.

1. PhoenixisRising

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As I look into the mirror each day, I promise you. Im not happy. I truly feel if i was born a woman, i would be totally different. I would be more confident, comfortable, loving, open, the list goes on. I really dislike my life right now. Ive got on this site to seek help. I swear Im at my breaking point. Im at my all time low. No job, no money, no friends, family are total assholes who really dont care in my eyes. I just want this feeling to go away! Please if your out there, hear my call!:bang:

2. Niko

Hey there!

So you feel like you should've been born a woman? What would happen if you slowly started dressing like a woman or expressing yourself as one? Perhaps seek out a therapist, preferably a gender therapist, so they can help you sort out whatever feelings you have.

Just know that you're not alone with whatever you're experiencing. (*hug*) And if you need anyone to talk to feel free to post a message on my wall.

3. Simple Thoughts

Hello.

You sound like you're having some troubles. These types of issue are hard to deal with, especially when it comes to Gender issues. I can understand that you're having a hard time dealing with everything. It sounds like your family isn't very supportive and that's unfortunate :frowning2:

I agree with Niko you should look into a therapist. At the very least you'd gain someone who you can openly talk to about these types of issues. They are rather hard to deal with, and can be especially burdening when you're trying to carry it all on your own. Don't let others get you down. Just stay strong, and get help if you feel you need it.

Also, we're always around and happy to talk to you. If you do need to talk it out there are plenty of people around to help with that. You can even come chat me up if you like. I'm more than happy to help ^.^

4. PhoenixisRising

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, for years ive been fighting this feeling deep within me, just like ive fought the feelings growing up be gay. Im at the age now where things need to fall in place. im getting old, lol. I just want to be comfortable in my skin, be HAPPY!

5. KFHarry

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Your name is Phoenix is Rising.

By the sounds of it you have nothing to lose. This is a good thing. You have everything to gain. This feeling can go away right now by realising you matter and you can rise. The cards you were dealt in life may suck, but you can change them. You can start being loving, confident, comfortable etc. How you ask? By creating yourself a set of values you can live by. Look at your 'family'. You call them assholes so you clearly do not want to be like them or have the same values and principles they live by.

I believe it is time you make your own and rise like a phoenix.

6. PhoenixisRising

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Kadfad Harry,
    That's the problem, I've lost myself somewhere. Every time i rise, i'm knocked back down. I don't want these feelings of self-doubt, pain, hurt etc... It just seems i cant fight no more, i have no more tears in me, strength, motivation, just pure emptiness. Where do i go? i don't know. where do i start? i don't know either. i want to give up, but there is that 'Phoenix" within me that wont let me, yet i still fall.

7. KFHarry

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Low morale is very understandable.

Before knowing where to go, you need to know where to start. Admitting that you've lost yourself is a good start.

When did you lose yourself?
    Did you have yourself in the first place?

These are questions you could ask yourself and qualified therapists/advisers could really help with them. Personally I believe that 'phoenix' within you know that no matter how many times you fall, this isn't over...until you rise.

8. PhoenixisRising

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Kadfad Harry,
    As i do believe as well. Just so many things i don't seem to understand nor can grasp the concept as to why. But when it comes to my, 'wanting to be a woman', i'm standing firm on that decision now. I really think i'm ready. I've done drag before i dressed up on Halloween, even dressed up on night just going out. I felt so confident, until i had to show my I.D. of course.

9. KFHarry

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    There are a lot of things in life that just seem confusing. There are many more things ahead of you that you won't understand or grasp. This is natural.

If you believe this is the right decision to take then good luck. Don't let words bring you down and I hope it leads you to happiness. :slight_smile:

10. frkn frk

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Isn't liking who u r meaning liking what u see in the mirror? To h8 ur gender is saying I h8 myself. Never new loving, honest, etc. were a monopoly of women only. Reality check. "Dreamworld" is dreamworld . Next time u look in the mirror, try looking at reality. Tuff words I know...but the only way I learn stuff is a crack across the forehead.

11. PhoenixisRising

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    frkn frk, i must say, you are right. But its not so much that I DISLIKE myself. Appearance-wise, maybe so, but who I am, not so much. I just truly feel that i'm trapped in a body that wasn't meant for me... I have some very great qualities, don't get me wrong, i'm just 100% fully comfortable in it, or right.... does that make sense?

12. Summer Rose

You don't have to hate your body/current physical appearance and gender to actually be a transgendered person. Being transgendered means being feeling more comfortable as the opposite/different gender, and this can be done while feeling either disdain or even something as mundane as apathy for your current self.

It seems you're really sure about how you feel towards being a woman, so i would suggest seeing and therapist to help you work this out, and as you become more comfortable, hopefully you'll feel better.

13. PhoenixisRising

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    thank you MrRedfox, do you know where to start looking for therapist?

14. Summer Rose

Not specifically, sadly. Usually you should be able to find some around your area. It would be a good idea to look up gender therapist; be careful though, some "gender" therapist will want you to be more extreme when it comes to determining your gender. Well anyways, just look up the gender therapist near you and what, if anything, people say about them.

15. Simple Thoughts

I agree.

The best place to start with something like this would be a Gender Therapist. I'm guessing if you can browse EC you have the internet. Look up Gender therapists in your area and see what comes up. Do be sure to check out what people have to say though. That way you know you can trust whomever you talk to about this.

If you feel this is the right decision than you just need to be bold and take that first step. With time everything will become clear, and ultimately ( to steal the metaphor from earlier ) you can be reborn from the ashes of your past as a new and happier you. :slight_smile:

16. PhoenixisRising

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Thank you Simple Thoughts, i will take some time and do some research... and maybe if i'm ready, maybe you could go with me? It'll be nice to have some support with me :eusa_danc 'cause i see we stay in the same area

17. Simple Thoughts

I'm actually from a little ways off of where I put my location. The site suggests you use closest major city, so that's what I did :slight_smile:

18. PhoenixisRising

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    oh well great lol, well still thanks anyways...

19. Simple Thoughts

I'm sorry :frowning2:

20. Miss Emma

Miss Emma Guest

I'm 32, and just realized that I've always been trans female. Yeah i knew i liked things girly, but for a long time just thought i might be gay (i had a similarly assaholic family that was very bigoted and small-minded). I got experimental with a guy, but wasn't my thing (or HE wasn't my type ... I dunno). But I tried to be ubermasculine growing up. Tried.

I did the usual "boy" stuff as best I could. But most of the "other" boys didn't take to me well. I had better luck with girls.

Not to take the thread ... sorry. Point is, I finally realized what I need is to be a woman, like i SHOULD have been at puberty. So, my advice is to seek out a therapist, as others have advised above me, and explore these things. You sound like I did when I first started exploring gender. Feel free to message me on my wall if you'd like a little guidance from someone at roughly 1 step ahead of you.

All the best, my friend!(*hug*)