1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Out of the Gender Box' discussion group

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Agathist, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Agathist

Out Status:
    A few people
    Went to a discussion group at a local lgbt center tonight and afterwards decided I'm scheduling a counseling appointment tomorrow :eusa_danc

Still have a million seeds of self-doubt but honestly they're all unrealistic when it comes to keeping my sanity, which I haven't been treasuring as I should lately.
    I'm going to get a sports bra to compliment my yoga and start treating my body like the temple it is!

I crossed my legs like I wanted to in public for the first time ever, shaved as soon as I got home (seems trivial but a huge security blanket to me), going to be a huge shock to everyone as I'm always been presumed to be 4-5 years older than I am and I've had a full beard since 17, almost noone I see regularly has ever even seen my chin, my mother keeps calling me baby-face. Which brings me to I told my mom I think I'm transgendered and she said "If it will make you happy."
    Pretty good update, but it's like looking down a very daunting road that I know will make me happier but I'm already terrified of the world, it's scary to think of myself as a target to men and all the terrible things people do to trans* when I'm in such a privileged (but miserable) position right now.

2. Nick07

Congrats on your first steps on the road of self-discovery! :slight_smile:

3. setnyx

i understand how you're feeling but your mom seems awesome, having support is crucial. i waited too long to try to live for me and who i am inside. i'm glad you have a therapist to help you through this and ec has great people to lend support. wish you happiness.