1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

relationships with Trans

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by RJ5, Feb 13, 2014.

1. RJ5

RJ5

So Ive recently come out as Trans, my girlfriend isnt taking it very well. Does anyone have any experience with helping a relative, friend or partner come to terms with things. I can understand where she is coming from, shes a lesbian and not into guys, but I feel like Im still me. She said she doesnt want to be with someone who doesnt have boobs, and it came across like shes with me just because I have them currently. I find it a really difficult situation to be in, wanting to support her and explore things without pushing her away completely.

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That all depends on what you mean by "come to terms with things", because I'm thinking what I mean by that, and what you mean by that are very different things.

So before I can offer anything much, I need to know. When you say "come to terms with things", do you mean you want her to accept that it's a thing, recognize you as a person and remain civil, or do you mean 'I want her to still be my girlfriend'?

3. Nick07

Does it mean that you told her that you were going to transition and she was hesitant about your future relationship?

You know, you will indeed remain you, but your body will not be the same. By the transition you say - the body does matter. And that's it - it matters for her too.

If she is a lesbian she will have hard time to cope.