1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seriously pissed off

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by anonym, Feb 14, 2014.

1. anonym

anonym Guest

I just need somewhere to write this out because I am so angry and it's frustrating me that my family are dumping all this negativity on me. Yesterday I got told I looked awful because I went without make up for the first time properly in public, I dress scruffily because I don't wear girly clothes any more, today I'm told my sister's boyfriend probably won't want to come to our house any more after he finds out I'm trans which feels like I'm being blamed for the reaction my sister expects from him. I want to get my hair cut but again my mum is unhappy about it and making me feel like I'm a bad person for transitioning.

I have just recently started feeling better and more positive about my future but now I feel terrible :frowning2:

2. Manta

If I knew how I would emoji hug you....

Makeup can be a pain in the butt, and bad for your skin. I get more compliments when I don't wear any anyway :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Do what makes you comfortable.

Who cares how you dress? No matter what you wear, someone will always disagree with it. 'your skirt is too short' 'your shirt has too many wrinkles' 'how dare you wear those colors together.' some people think scruffy is hot. Some people don't even know what scruffy means. My sister used to 'fashion police' my mom and I before we left the house because her idea of what looks good and mine clash horribly (she has to remind my mom that no one wears white socks with black heels, brown striped pants and a rainbow poka-dot shirt, but if she is comfortable in it....)

Point being, clothes are about aesthetics and comfort, both of which are subjective. Same goes for your hair.

Your sister's boyfriend should have nothing to do with you. Your gender identity has nothing to do with his relationship with your sister. If he makes it an issue, that's his problem, not yours. Your sister has no right to blame you for the possibility of her guy being a bigot. She needs to reevaluate her standards.

Don't let them get you down~ and feel better! (insert another emoji hug <3 )

3. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Get angry! Stand up! You're doing what you need to do to be authentic to yourself. Don't ask permission to be you. We've all seen how trying this whole experience has been for you so far. And we're here for you. (*hug*)

4. Owl333

Owl333 Guest

(*hug*) Sorry you're family isn't taking it so well. :frowning2: Hopefully they will understand more with time.

5. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can only hope your family will come around and be more chill with time.