1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what now ?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by supermanfit, Feb 14, 2014.

1. supermanfit

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    So after questioning wether are not im trans I've come to the conclusion that I am transgender(!)(!):eusa_clap told my parent and there starting to except it .But what now do I do.Do I just pretend that Im still a butch lezbian and what about coming out to everyone as lezbian do I still do that , what about my job I work as a lifeguard during the summer and hate wearing the two peace it makes me feel so uncomfortable but my parents said that i have to do it because i paid $100 for the course that I took and it's also very stressful ,I usually wear a shirt and shorts over top,but i also sometimes have to go into the bathrooms and everyone there knows Im a girl.My parent said that I shouldn't come out because there's no need to because people already kind of know based on how I dress but i feel that i need to be honest with my self even though I know Im not a lezbian. What about pronouns and my birth name and I also feel that my parents don't understand.Because the other day I threw out my bikini and my mom was like why are you throwing that out and all i could say was it doesn't fit.:eek:I know transitioning is a long process but once I told them they said I should wait and think abaut it more but ive thought abaut it and I know It will take 3 months for gender therapy and you also have to wait for the letter so Im like why not.But what abaut high school I know people are not going to be excepting but . Next year Im taking colledge courses at ACC part time for senor year and taking two classes at high school.By the way excuse the incorrect grammar:icon_redf .:help::help::help:

2. Maverik

Is the bikini a mandatory thing? Like, is it the only uniform they offer? Can you wear the male lifesaving uniform? Just speaking anecdotally, in Australia, our Surf Lifesavers have a unisex uniform of board shorts and a T-Shirt with their logo and colours etc. If your local lifeguard club has something like that would you be able to wear it instead of the bikini? What about a 1 piece unisex swimsuit? You could potentially bind your chest underneath it and make it suit your own preferences etc.

I can understand your parents wanting you to continue working, especially if it cost money to become qualified to do so. And while I believe that it is probably best to try and continue to work, you should not in any way have to do it in a way that makes you uncomfortable. Find ways to make the job suit you. Only if they refuse to work with you on it should you completely dismiss it I think.

In regards to whether you should tell people... Well that's entirely up to you. I can't tell you that. These forums can't tell you that. And more importantly, your PARENTS can't tell you that. Only you will know when the time is right to become open about being trans. Nobody else should have that power over you.

3. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, can't you just wear the male uniform?

4. supermanfit

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    you can wear the male uniform but that makes me a littel uncomfortable because I don't really like drawing attention to myself especially if people find out that im a girl.So do I just pretend Im a butch lesbian,do i change the pronouns.what do i do ?

5. laurenc

laurenc Guest

a little advice is be true to yourself and start adressing yourself as male once you accept yourself others will follow. once I did people online who know ME refer to me as the girl I really am and forget about the boy I have to present as.