1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay man trapped in a womans body?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Saintly89, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Saintly89

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm curious about this concept. My sister, her best friend and I went to a drag show a few weeks ago and after a few drinks my sisters best friend asked if there was a such a thing as a gay man trapped in a woman's body. I told her yes, there is a distinction between gender identity and sexual orientation. After I told her this she replied with "seriously you guys, I think I might be that!"

My sister and myself have often wondered if maybe she was a closeted lesbian. She is fairly masculine and almost never takes an interest in guys. I realize of course that her being kind of butch is only a stereotype. Also, we never thought she would have an issue with it if she was but that maybe she was simply too shy to admit it. Now that she's said this and we're not sure what to make of it.

She is really fond of gay men. She always likes it when I go out with her and my sister. She loves Jim Parsons (and says I remind her of him, interestingly) and was obsessed with the movie Rent when it was first released. She has never had a real relationship with a guy and her main heterosexual interests are in androgynous Korean boy bands. This reminds me of female yaoi fans.

Could she really be a male oriented FTM?

#1 Saintly89, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  2. justjade

I will say that I am a gay man in a female body. She could be FtM. All I can really say is to just support her (or him, if preferred) whatever decision is made.

3. beloved

Out Status:
    Some people
    That sounds a lot like me, honestly! I'm genderfluid, but when I feel male I'm very attracted to androgynous or feminine guys. I love Korean boy bands too haha. She could very well be, I would say just to support her in whatever she decides to do if she decides to do anything.

4. Im Just Me

Definitely possible. I have a friend who was born a woman, but is FtM and goes by the name Liam and all, but he is dating a guy.
    I think it's one of the more rare occurences, but gender identity and sexual orientation are separate things, so it's totally possible and happens now and then.

5. Sarcastic Luck

Gay guy in a woman's body representing.

6. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd say I'm a gay guy in a woman's body. We're definitely out there.

7. Maverik

I've actually been in this position for quite some time now. For longer than I can clearly remember, I've found lesbian relationships to be one of the most desirable things I could think of. I loved seeing them in both the real world and in fiction, but for most of my life I just assumed it was some dumb weird fetish that I didn't really want to feed. I hated the thought that I was over sexualizing and fetishizing these women and so I ignored it whenever it popped up, or worse, I beat myself up for it.

It's only been very recently that it occurred to me that the reason I'm so attracted to the idea of lesbian romance is because I've been suppressing my feminine side, and that I've started to discover that not only does she want to come out, but that she may actually be my dominant side. I realized that I was, if not an MtF, then at the very least Genderqueer to some degree.

Even now, I feel awkward admitting to it, for the fear that others will see my wish to be more womanly and to continue being with women as a fetish or something else that is dirty or questionable. That wanting to "become a lesbian" as a genetic male will be seen and treated as debaucherous. My anxieties about this even extend into talking to others within the trans community. Fear that I will be seen as a similar sort of thing to a "chaser" who is infatuated with people halfway through their transformation.

I'm slowly starting to overcome that fear, and to understand that it is ok to want this for myself. But even so, I know why it might be something confusing and daunting. Even though deep down I know it's ok, every time I admit to it, I wince internally, just waiting for the accusations and anger to start.

8. laurenc

laurenc Guest

it could be posible .why not ask your sibling how they see themself?

9. Owl333

Owl333 Guest

It's possible, seeing as trans people can have any orientation. :slight_smile: