1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cross-dressing?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Tabb, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Tabb

Hi, I don't know if this is the right section to ask this... but I really want an answer soon.

Ever since I was capable liking things, I've really liked pretty dresses/clothes, lipstick, nail polish, and long hair. I've always preferred the girl characters in shows and games, and so on and so forth. To the point, I haven't thought about that kind of stuff in a long time... but recently I read an amazing manga about two trans kids ("Wandering Son" is the title), and it really has me feeling jealous and happy constantly seeing this boy being able to dress up as a girl and go out and have people perceive him as a girl. It made me think about all the times I've fauned over pretty girls clothing when shopping with my grandma or parents as a kid, or even recently when I go to target with with friend so she can get make-up.

The thing is, I don't think I'm trans*. Would it just be called cross-dressing?

I really want to try dressing up as a girl to see if I actually want this for sure, or if it's a phase, but I'm too afraid to. I weigh too much for it, my bones are thick, I have untameable body hair, and I'm just worried that even once I lose weight I won't be able to do this without looking like a manly woman or a man trying to be a woman. I have no idea how to apply make-up, no idea how to change my voice, or anything.

Could anyone please help me? Thanks. uvu

#1 Tabb, Feb 18, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  2. Summer Rose

Well here's a question, do you want to BE a girl, or just LOOK like one? Do you want to dress in women's clothes or have people think you're a girl?

It sounds like you would prefer to be seen as a woman, but you're unsure if you can pass.
    Visualize your life as a woman, and if you enjoy the idea, perhaps you are trans; whether you identify as trans or not, try and just experiment with some underwear and see how comfortable you feel, and then, when you're really confident, wear what you like.

Do you know if you are too over-weight/heavy-boned for estrogen to do any good? If you haven't already, ask someone who would know whether estrogen would affect your body (if you believe you're trans). As far as your voice goes, it really is about practice more than anything.

3. Claudette

Claudette Guest

You remind me of myself... I would recommend seeing a Gender Therapist!
    Don't let your body get you down either! Hormones will eventually tame your body hair, change your face and fat distribution in your body. As for make-up... there is tutorials abound around the web ^^ the voice thing however... will take alot of practice, since Testosterone is a key factor in vocal sounds (as it bulkens up the vocal cords, deepening the sounds made, this can be surpassed via voice training however)

Just remember... women come in all shapes and sizes... you'd be surprised how well you can look as a woman pre-hormones with the right make-up and a wig ^^

4. Tabb

Just look like one, I think. I would like it if I could have people think I'm a girl when I go out dressed up, but I would want to be able to take it all off and be the person I am now when I'm at home or when I'm not in the mood. Is that bad? I think I just sometimes want to be perceived as feminine, and for people to say that I'm cute (men particularly). The closest I've gotten to wearing women's clothing was a really girly, large, cardigan that made me feel really nice... especially when I got compliments on it.

And I don't know. I've thought about estrogen, but I really don't know. I'm almost positive that I don't LOOK like I weight 270 lbs, but I do weigh that much. My bones though, I'm not sure. I'm also worried that it would do things I don't want it to do, but I haven't looked it up enough to know.

5. Claudette

Claudette Guest

well the effects of estrogen on men are as follows... Fat redistribution from the belly to Thighs, face, breasts and butt, Slowing/stopping of body hair growth(Facial Hair stop completely long-term) Atrophy of the Penis and balls (25% 50% respectively) Sperm production ceases, severe drop in libido, thinning/transparency of the outer skin layer, growth of breasts and production of breast milk, faster growth of head hair... did I miss anything...?
    But you sound more like a Genderfluid individual to me ^^

6. Tabb

Yeah, this is why idt estrogen is good for me. I'd like to be smaller and girlish in figure, but idt that's possible without other downsides. ><

7. Claudette

Claudette Guest

I find bigger women attractive too..! and I'm not the only one =p BBW woman are in a league of their own, it's the curves that get me @_@
    Plus you could also do certain exercises, if you don't want to do hormones =) like pilates for the bigger bum =p which is what I am doing... gotta get that sucka firm =p

8. Summer Rose

Well if you only wish for others too perceive you as cute, I'm not entirely sure I recommend estrogen if you would mind having a harder time with erections. Now if you want other men to call you cute because they think your female (or just because you look feminine), there are many ways to deal with body hair, estrogen is less painful though, but not as permanent; I recommend also working on having smooth skin (I don't really want to be femme, but I still like my smooth skin), and either try to make your ody look more attractive as is or maybe find ways to lose weight, either works (and I agree with plen, bbw's have those amazing curves :icon_wink )

9. HarryPotterFan

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    If you want to look like a girl but want to be able to take everything off and still be you as you are now, I wouldn't recommend estrogen. I mean, it causes some permanent changes, so would you be cool with that? If so, then it's something to consider, but if not, then perhaps just the dressing up and the make-up and whatnot for now? There's nothing wrong in taking it one step at a time and seeing how you feel with each step :slight_smile:

10. Tabb

Thanks for the help everyone. c: I'm just gonna try and lose weight for now, then I'll see how it goes from there. I really appreciate the kind responses. uvu I think maybe I'll reward myself after losing a certain amount.

11. paul samantha

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I started into this with weight loss. I without thinking about what was happening pulled my waist down to 24 compared to 34 top and bottom. Walk several miles per day and if you add heels to that your bum will push back.... lots to experience