1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just don't know?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by SunnyPoo, Feb 19, 2014.

1. SunnyPoo

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    For a while I've been wondering if I could be genderqueer or even trans* but when I think about it, there are so many things that would feel wrong in so many ways.
    I'm biologically female and have lived as a female (always slightly tomboyish) and like probably most people, I've gotten used to (if not just looking forward to) the idea of getting pregnant and having children of my own. If I'd end up finding out I'm genderqueer, I think I'd have to let go completely of the things that I've been looking forward to since I was little.
    Adopting would be alright I guess, but it takes such a long time and it's simply not the same. I think this would be my main worry, but also pronouns. Icelandic pronouns and even other words are genderized, so being non-binary would be difficult if I don't want to be called "it".
    Then there are some people of my family that wouldn't understand, especially since only a small portion of all the words used to explain all those things haven't been translated. The people I'm concerned about are; My 60 year old father, my 30 year old brother, and then all my 10 little nieces and nephews, who have always known me as a female.
    Then I would like to come out as whatever I figure out on facebook, but then I'd have to tell every one of my close friends and family first, and that's going to take A LOT of time.

Oh life. :bang:

2. Nick07

Being trans is not a burden. It is not something to survive emotionally. If you suffer just thinking about it, I would dare to say that you are not trans. Basically, by coming out "to yourself" the world is supposed to make sense again, not be in ruins *hug*