1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A few qusetions~

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Yosia, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Yosia

I have always thought that i am most definitely not transgender, however i feel i might be? I always think how much better it would be to be a girl and how i dont particularly like being a boy anymore~ i enjoy doing more girly things and i much prefer to go shopping or to see a girly film than do something like watch sports with other boys, doing traditional masculine stuff does not appeal to me really~ i still do enjoy some things like playing and watching football but not much more.. As for appearance, i aspire to look more like a girl and trying to slim down and get a better figure, i have only worn girls clothes like twice and it was only in my own house, i do sometimes though, wear girls hats and scarves but only because noone notices really~ I am unsure of my gender identity anymore >_<

I was wondering also, what exactly do hormones do? Like some people have them who are androgyne or trans but i have always wondered what they do ^^

~

2. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Gendered hobbies don't really mean much these days, at least to me. For example, my fiance loves make-up and "girly" clothing, but he's still male and can enjoy "male" hobbies like collecting comic books and playing video games. So you can still like or enjoy certain things, regardless of your gender or gender identity and stereotypes.

For some, they know they're trans* "for as long as they can remember" or heck, some can know or have an idea after seeing videos by other trans* people. But for some, deep thinking and lots of time help out. If you aren't sure or you're questioning, perhaps therapy can help. A gender therapist can help you sort out your feelings and help to see if transition could be something in your future if you so choose to go that direction.

Some of the effects for HRT (Hormone Replacement Therapy) for trans*women can be found here, but it varies from person to person:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hormone_replacement_therapy_(male-to-female)

3. Claudette

Claudette Guest

The effects of estrogen for Transgendered people are...
    Fat distribution changes from the stomach area to the thighs, butt, breast and face
    Facial hair begins to stymie, and eventually stops growing, Male pattern baldness stops, hair on the scalp grows faster
    the top layer of skin becomes transparent-ish, giving a more even toned softer layer of skin
    Atrophy of the penis(25%) and balls(50%)
    Lowered Libido.
    Random erections cease.
    Breast growth and milk production begins

4. rabbit1

rabbit1 Guest

i know i'am on spironolactone at 200ml and i am noticing breast growth, and decrease in sex drive now, been on for 3 months now