1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No idea

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ClovisCat, Feb 19, 2014.

1. ClovisCat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi, I'm very new here and honestly, I feel I've been avoiding going to people who may be going through the same thing as me or have gone through it in the past. I've struggled with my gender ever since I can remember. When I was very young, I thought I was a boy (not knowing the physical differences between sexes) and when my brother told me I was a girl, I was honestly furious with him. Being a part of the big, "perfect", family, I think I ended up repressing the feelings. They have come back very strong recently and in a matter of about two weeks, I've already decided that I still hate having breasts and desperately want a bra binder. After a little more thinking, I've also decided I want to change my hair style to a more "guyish" style. I still have the feeling that I have male "equipment" most the time, knowing full well that I don't. I've discussed this with a friend of mine and he thinks I may actually be a guy. The only thing is, something within me (whether it be the fear of hospitals or just knowledge on FtM operations having results that wouldn't satisfy me) is telling me to not change anything below the belt. I've accepted the fact that if I am actually a guy, I am a gay (possibly bicurious) guy, but I honestly just want clarification of if I am a guy or if I'm something else, and if something else, then what?

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "is telling me to not change anything below the belt"

Then don't. We can't tell you what you are. You know how you feel, if you're comfortable saying you're a guy, then do so. If not, don't. Do what you are comfortable with and nothing more.

3. SwimScotty

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, it sounds like you're transgender FtM. What's "below the belt" doesn't really affect anything except how we mate and how we go to the bathroom. So you're a guy, and that's that. You've accepted that you're a guy, and that's that. Whether or not you choose to get surgery shouldn't affect your gender identity.

Welcome, by the way!

4. ClovisCat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people