1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sex Change

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by paul samantha, Feb 22, 2014.

1. paul samantha

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    As a translator-since my 21st year to actively in other cultures ways of thinking languages; Chinese to the extend of writing a dictionary for that ancient code language- I now put up for debate the Hebrew word Sahrees;-Sex change: As ‘ a little paul stumbling very late’ I have in my extremely rapid descent into this area of human experience formed some tentative extremely controversial open to change opinions; Which I share here for ongoing thought and discussion and active debate without moral judgment of you or me. And I want to genuinely say: May God Bless America!
    Sexual orientation is predominantly and my old Jewish friend Karl Marx would agree; A Learned Cultural Construct- And I say that speaking from the first and most feminist nation in human history with my great grandmother signing the petition which allowed our nation’s women the vote in the 19th century (A matter of great pride to members of my family) Society agrees upon status, roles, culture and sure we can and do change that-but we as a community write our own rules to play by. But some are born with a womb and working breasts. And some are born with working balls and maybe the desire to get a woman! And some get stuck in the middle one way or another. Will of the heavens, Will of man. Self decision.-(Matt 19;12 is a statement of that by another well know Jew!)
    So a significant push is the hormones associated with womb or balls- but that is only a Critical and Change able determinant which we or others can change if we/others want. –Sex Change!
    We have two elements here. Nature/Nurture: What society decides the rules should be and we can work within those rules or actively change those rules. And we have the determination of what we are; But that can be changed by others or changed by ourselves if we weren’t born as required.
    Then the fun part of sex is making ‘it’ happen whatever we consider that to be! Shalom samantha.

2. hatiko

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You don't make sense.

3. Ruthven

You're a translator? ....seriously?

4. suninthesky

Instead of "sexual orientation" do you mean gender? In either case, there is sufficient empirical evidence that either "construct" goes beyond social categories and has a biological basis.

A better term to use instead of "sex change" would be "gender reassignment" or "gender confirmation."

My question is, what exactly are you looking for? Are you trying to start a discussion or do you have a more specific question?

5. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

...well that's language barriers for ya... I think.