1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gender Convolution

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Orpherous, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Orpherous

Orpherous Guest

Alright, so, for the past year or so now I have been asking myself whether I am a girl or not. At the moment I am male and androgynous looking to an extent. ​

The problems I have when answering my question is as follows:

1)I still like women.

I don't know how well received a gay, transgender female is to either straight or transgender peoples and I fear that it may come out as very degenerate in certain situations.​

2)I don't know if it's just curiosity or something I really think.

Currently I'm still in my adolescences; almost 15. I don't know if this gender change thinking is just being triggered by my adolescent mind, who is just toying with me and making me curious about what it'd be like to be a women. Or it could be a genuine thought that I should listen to and go through with/adopt it's line of thinking.​

3)I don't know what it's like to be transgender.

Now, this is fairly obvious. I'm pretty sure everyone is afraid of change, whether it is good or bad. I am scared of what it may be like and what new stresses and dangers await the possible transition. When it comes to family, they are great and they would probably support me in my decision. However my friends, on the other hand, are kinda prejudice.​

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And yes, I know, in the end it is up to me whether I change genders or not.

So if anyone would like to help me through these problems in some way or another that would be much appreciated. :icon_bigg​

2. Yosia

I am 15 and feel the exact same way!! Although i have thought i want to be girl for a long while and i have never acted upon it >_<.

I also doubt my friends and familey would be very supportive if i transitioned too but they know i want to look more like a girl (want the androgynous look to be fair)

I know this was no help to you whatsoever, i just wanted to say it XD

3. Sarah257

When I was around 15-17 I also had thoughts and feelings like this. I was confused, and thought maybe it was just something else. In the end, I decided against it (specifically the possibility of SRS) and went a different way. A few years down the line (pretty much now) I realize that I should have payed more attention to it. Whether your confused or not, don't make any fairly rash descisions like I did. Take your time, expirament, and listen to yourself.

As for your thoughts:

1. There are a number of people who are like this. One of the admins here is as a matter of fact (If I remember, it's Cassie29)

2.It could just be curiosity, or it could be something more. Have you had thoughts like this before (about being transgender)? A lot of us have even if we didn't know what to call it at the time. Best advice, expirament a little to find out if you like it.

3. Best bet is to look through some of our stories. See how much they resonate with you. That may give you an idea
    (If I misunderstood, this is the alternate answer) Depends on your area and situation. It can range from everyone being supportive to everyone making your life that much worse. Hard to say for sure, even if you know the people. I was recently surprised by one of my friends I just told. I expected him to be a little wierded out, but he was fine with it. Just goes to show you. *shrug*

4. Orpherous

Orpherous Guest

Thanks for you guys' replies!​

Great! That's one less thing to worry about.

So far, the furthest I've attempted to experiment was shaving my legs and growing out and dyeing my hair; ergo, the androgynous look. I'm not sure I'm very comfortable going any further without coming out to my parents. Whenever that will happen, I don't know...

Both of your answers were good. I'll look into these stories you speak of.