1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally a step in the right direction

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by earthlvr510, Feb 25, 2014.

1. earthlvr510

So my life has been a bit nuts recently. I've been in a tailspin if sorts recently, between juggling two jobs and trying to adjust to living with my parents again, who I'm not out to yet, my stress and dysphoria are eating me alive. Up until a month or so ago I was "coping", and I use the term loosely, with my dysphoria reasonably we'll. I had my ups and downs but overall I was ok. But recently it has gotten to the point that not transitioning is no longer an option. I truly can't fathom a future where I feel like this and am able to function. Today I finally took a first step. I quite my second job where I was extremely unhappy and that was causing a lot of stress, and I came out to my doctor. She had some questions at first, obviously not well versed in trans* medicine, but was amazingly accepting and referred me to another practice in the area that is actually run by a trans* women! It's a family practice that also offers counseling and has and endo. I finally feel like I'm heading in the right direction. Mentally I'm about as low as I've ever been but I'm clawing my way back out. Next hurdle is telling my parents. . .

2. Miss Emma

Miss Emma Guest

Good for you! Really, I'm very happy for you. I'm hoping to get things rolling a soon as my family gets moved and settled in our new place.