1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dazed and confused

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by earthlvr510, Feb 26, 2014.

1. earthlvr510

My brain is going a hundred miles a minute. So my dilemma is that I want to transition; BUT I'm taking a year off to work and get enough money together to go back to school. Also, I'm living with my parents whom I think will react badly. I want to, and feel for my own sanity I should move out, but then I won't be able to make enough to go back to school OR transition. If I go back to school without transitioning I'll have the same problems with depression and poor grades that caused me to leave in the first place. But if I do start transitioning first then I don't know if I could save enough to go back at all especially because I most likely will lose the last of the money my parents have set aside for me. I could potentially start hrt when I get to school but I don't know if I can make it another six months. :help:

2. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well first of all, can't you go to school without the full transitioning and hormones? I mean what is your goal in school? You want to be a doctor? An artist a lawyer what?

You need to address what you want in life academically and financially. I know that transitioning is not cheap so you have that to consider.

I know it's hard but you have to make the choice where you are happiest. If that means transitioning now then do it. School can wait, but tuition doesn't dissappear.