1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

muscle tone help?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Claudette, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Claudette

Claudette Guest

Hey everyone! I am about to transition to FT female in a few weeks... As my jobs are in the same mall, with the 2nd job accepting me as a woman, my first job I still go as a guy, until I start my 2nd job. I'll have no time to go home and change between jobs lol both places know and accept my status. Now I believe I am ready... The only thing holding me back is my voice which I am working on, and I feel it will be ready by the time I start my 2nd job.
    now I pass for the most part regardless of my questionable voice, however I have been told my arms give my disguise... So to say... Away... They're not ripped, but they have an overall small circumference. However they do have abit of muscle tone to them... I know muscles have natural atrophy, but my question is, is there anyway to speed this up? Or will the hormones take care of the tone?

2. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why do that?

Toned muscles are not a bad thing no matter the gender. Believe me I know the whole feminine appearance thing, just saying.

3. Claudette

Claudette Guest

Yea I know, just sometimes its still hits my dysphoria hard when I hear it.

4. Sarah257

HRT will affect muscle atrophy, but I'm not sure how much or how long it takes. I don't think it will take too long though as you've been on HRT for around a month and you have already noticed a difference in your strength. Give it a few more months and I'm sure that you'll be at a decent place for that.

As for speeding the atrophy up, other than going comatose for a few weeks I don't think there's much you can do on that front.

5. JerseyGirl

Early on that kind of critique was a concern to me, but for the most part others perceive you in total and don't necessarily focus on details. Hormones will help too, the time frame depends on many factors.

6. Claudette

Claudette Guest

lol going comatose made me laugh. Unfortunately my forearms were pretty "cut" as a guy, as were my pecs... But they've begun to turn into breasts. guess I should also stop popping my knuckles too xD

7. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmmm.

Well the only way I can say until you "tone down" is to wear longer sleeves? Or something that draws attention away like jewelry or bangles or something. You seem to be good at that.

8. Claudette

Claudette Guest

:icon_redf oh you ^^; I have been looking into bangles... because I have always loved them, I also want some rings... but it's hard to find a size 9 in women's lol nothing fancy mind you, something simple =o The only ring I had as a guy is my school ring... and its too big to be a "woman's ring"

9. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ha, well I know what I like when I see it but I'm totally not a jewelry person at all so rings don't bother me or my bank account.

However... Other accessories like scarves/shoes/etc... Different story. But good luck until your physical changes happen.

10. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You can trade with me -- two birds with one stone! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. Claudette

Claudette Guest

don't get me started on shoes lol I kept 1 pair as a guy, usually big boots... but I have like 10 pairs of female shoes lol 1 i wear as a guy

12. rabbit1

rabbit1 Guest

nice:smilewave