1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FtM prom??...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by FtMart, Feb 27, 2014.

1. FtMart

Hello guys. Its Justin. I have a question. Should i go to prom as a guy? The only thing i can for for a tux would be to keep it with a friend and change later. My school isnt very t friendly. But my pals say they would have my back. Yet my mother isnt keen on the idea of me being her son rather than her butch lesbian daughter. Yet i turn 18 twenty days before my prom date. What should i do? Any suggestions? Thanks, Justin.

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you're comfortable doing it and your friends are there to support you, why not?

It'd scare the hell out of me to have done something like that before I was full time (not that you could have paid me to go to my own prom).

Perhaps worth checking with a staff member at school to make sure they aren't going to kick you out or something and perhaps keep an eye on you to make sure nothing happens :slight_smile:

3. Claudette

Claudette Guest

You should definitely rock that tux man ^^ whatever makes you comfortable! Maybe your mom seeing you that way will help =)

4. HarryPotterFan

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Do it if it'll make you enjoy it more, dude! I mean, check with someone first if you want, but if it'll make you feel better and your friends support you, you've got a pretty good reason to :slight_smile:

5. abandonedsocks

You could check, and probably should, with your school first. However, I'd go with some backup... the school handbook and anything handed out that has to do with the prom dress code! If it doesn't prohibit girls wearing tuxes and guys wearing dresses, then you can't be breaking the rules!

6. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

I forget a lot of schools actually do have codes like this.

Tux should be fine, especially if you are going as a single person with just some friends. Plus you're going to be an adult.