1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

female one day, male the next

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Mysz, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Mysz

Practicing for my college's drag ball has made me realize that I really enjoy looking like a man. Before, I always just thought that I liked feeling manly, but now I feel like I would love to be able to wear stubble, suits, ties, dress pants, or even casual men's clothing.
    The problem is I also love to wear dresses, makeup, and otherwise look very feminine. I would like to be able to be manly one day and female the next (I am a cisgendered woman).

Can anyone offer advice on making realistic stubble or fake beards, as well as on dressing manly? The youtube videos I looked up had fairly good stubble, but nothing I would be able to go out in daylight with all day and have it look realistic.
    Also, how do any FtM or similarly crossdressing people deal with long hair? I really don't want to cut my hair, especially since on days where I feel feminine I like to curl it and put bows/ornaments in it. :icon_sad:

2. newfish

I've done a bit of beards for theatre, and I always used a few different shades of brown (with brown hair). What I've done wouldn't be realistic enough, but from it I would just suggest using a few shades of color similar to eyebrow/hair color. Also, if you haven't already found this, a stipple sponge works well (at least for theatre facial hair). Not really sure what to suggest for the rest.