1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Little Bummed -.-'

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Simple Thoughts, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Simple Thoughts

I guess since it involves Crossdressing it'd go here...yes?

Anyways, I finally got around to talking to my ex today. I knew she wouldn't judge me about this, and I figured she could maybe help...

I guess she doesn't think she's very good with make-up, or something. Anyways, she was supportive of the idea, but she can't help. Now I'm not sure what to do. I want to explore crossdressing, more so the complete look. I want to try and pass as female, I think I can pull it off, and I've been really torn about how I feel on it. I just want to look for myself, then I'd know how I felt about it, ya know?

Anyways, there aren't a lot of people I can trust...or really any.

So I'm just bummed she couldn't help, and I know I don't have the skills to do it myself :frowning2:

2. Grayson

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You can find makeup tutorials online and things like that. I mean, I'm pretty sure girls aren't born with the knowledge of putting on makeup and picking out feminine clothing (might be wrong about that though, some girls I know are such divas that I have to wonder sometimes). I think its great that you want to explore this and yourself but I know it can be hard when you don't trust anyone to help you out. Try googling for tutorials and things like that, maybe fashion and clothing choices that are feminine and would, at the same time, make you look more feminine. Good luck!

3. Simple Thoughts

Thank you for the suggestion.

It's just that I've never been good with anything that requires an eye for detail. I seem to be very lacking in that sense. I'd like to try, but I'm pretty sure I'd not do a very good job if I tried on myself. That's why I was hoping she'd be able to help -.-'

Oh well, I guess I'll figure it out or something.

4. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The thing with make-up is that I would say MOST of the people who actually use it haven't the faintest idea what they are doing with it.

Look around you at the people who wear it, really focus on what they've got on. Most people wear far too much, and that's not just personal preference, I mean most of the people I see may as well have their faces painted.

I suck at make-up, it always goes wrong. BUT I have found that by using only mascara my hand has become a lot more steady so if I ever did want to try using something more I might actually be able to! Go get some mascara, by the time you've learned how to not blind yourself you should be feeling more confident about the whole thing :grin:

5. Simple Thoughts

Most people don't know what they're doing? Well that's kind of a relief, I'll have to take a minute and pay some attention. I have trouble really focusing on details though, I dunno why.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to look into it when I have an opportunity. Sadly, I'm poor as ever so it'll be some time before I can really get any of the stuff I need and some privacy *sighs*

I hate living with other people...I wish I had the means to live on my own because I hate not having a place where I can just do my own thing without having to worry about the other people in the house >.>