1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A little lost...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Claudette, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Claudette

Claudette Guest

Hey everyone!
    I am a little lost at the moment... it is nothing serious... but some advice would be helpful & appreciated!!
    Let me explain!
    Ok so my License is about to expire(like 3 days)... Now I am a full time lady now, and my masculine picture from like 5 years ago does me no justice lol(I'm just glad I don't get carded buying liquor) Now... I went to court the other day to start the process on a name change... However I need a valid I.D. to start my new job next week at sears... Here in lies my dilemma... I won't get legal papers on my name change for like a month, and I absolutely dread going out in public as a man, even if for just 2 hours.
    I was thinking going to renew my license as a woman, and just carry it around with my soon to be former name & request an updated I.D. when I finally do get my papers, SSA name changed etc
    I mean would I be ok carrying around a female license with the name of Michael on it for like 2 months? Or should I just dreadfully do it as a guy(?) -- By that I mean in men clothes without make-up I fall somewhere in the middle appearance wise lol
    A friends birthday is also coming up next month and he always goes to the same bar every year, I would hate to show up, be carded as a woman with a man in the Picture slot... I would love any advice ^^ sorry if it is abit confusing

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm actually in the exact opposite situation that you are in right now. I had my drivers license changed to male (since Ohio has a process that you can go through to have you drivers license amended without having my SSA information change.) I still have my female name (Ashley) on my drivers license, since I have not had that changed yet. I am getting the paperwork in 2 weeks though. So, I have a female name with a male gender marker. I would go with what makes you the most comfortable. For me, I knew that I did not want the F in the gender section. I wanted to have the M, because that's who I am.

3. Claudette

Claudette Guest

thanks, I will go as a woman, regardless of my name ^^