1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ftms and work

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by anonym, Mar 8, 2014.

1. anonym

anonym Guest

I'm just curious to know from ftms, what line of work are you in/plan to go into if you're still studying???

2. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Right now I'm taking whatever retail/fast food jobs I can get, since that's all that's available in my town. Eventually I want to go into science. I want to be a research scientist, I'm specifically interested in biochemistry and biotech. But I got screwed over in school, so I might get a computer certificate and fall back on that until I can get back into school.

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Right now, if I am at home, I work in retail. I work at a department store. (You can PM me if you want to know which one.) When I am at school, I work in television production and television sports production. I hope to someday work in live television production in some way or another. It could be sports, or it could be other events that are broadcasted live.

4. Sarcastic Luck

Pharmacy. I still have four years to go.

5. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

I plan on going into Computer Hardware Engineering.

I like computers and math, so there ya go. Also, it won't have me wearing heels everyday. Which is nice.

6. alex3191

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm looking for a job at the moment but since most of my work experience has been in animal rescue/vets/pet shops I'm hoping to get work with animals but there's no jobs anywhere:frowning2:

7. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I spent all of my high school years working at a record shop as a cashier, and my boss and coworkers were extremely lenient about me coming out. My boss even issued me a new name tag in my preferred name the following day I told him I was transitioning.

As of now, I don't have a job so I'm a full-time student. The situation is a little messy because I resigned from my former major (which was in microbiology) so now I'm working on my minor in sign language. I'd like to pursue a career in science, but haven't figured out what exactly, yet, but have been looking into biotechnology or neuroscience. Beside that, still have intentions to get my license in interpreting.

8. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

I honestly don't know what field I'll work in, to be honest. I've been entertaining the idea of going into journalism but I'm not feeling it (yet I haven't really worked in the field, so...I dunno). Would like to make fiction writing a career but that's a field you can't necessarily guarantee entry in or have it be a full-time career.

I suppose, in essence, what I'd really like to do is to entertain or connect on some wide-scale level...

As for a day job, still looking for one. I've applied to a bunch of places. Part-time banking, Starbucks...

9. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Right now, I'm nowhere. I've been hoping to find work locally so maybe a small coffee shop, comic book store or a record store---unless I find work at the mall, movie theater or Walmart.

But, if I don't make it in the arts (film, writing, producing, theatre); then maybe I'll find a place in law, criminal justice/criminology, psychology or activism.