1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just a question

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by laurenc, Mar 10, 2014.

1. laurenc

laurenc Guest

does anyone else feel like this forum is domminated by trans guys and female bodied people? for me I hardly ever see any threads from trans girls and male bodied people. am I the only one who feels like trans girls are a minorty when it comes to numbers on how many threads are started for them? (not trying to offend anyone I just want to know others observations)

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not especially...there are loads of us on here we just haven't made as many threads this month as we usually do. :slight_smile:

3. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Check out TrueSelves. The majority of the people there are trans*women.

I'm kind of happy I found this place because it feels so scarce to find a "Safe space" to talk to other trans*guys.

4. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Hmm, sometimes, although there's been an influx of threads recently by, and relating to people on the transmasculine side of things. To be quite honest, seems like the online trans communities elsewhere are heavily geared towards trans women. But that's beside the point, anyway, there's plenty of trans women/transfeminine people here also - they just haven't been as vocal recently.

5. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

There's loads of transfeminine people around. Honestly, EC's really one of the first places where I've been able to meet other transguys and feel included, you know?

6. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm just happy that theres been so many trans threads recently :slight_smile:. Is it me or is the trans community on EC growing?

7. Sarcastic Luck

There's actually a bunch of transwomen on here, quite honestly, more than transmen. You haven't been here for that long, and so, I can tell you that the influx of transman posts is abnormal.

8. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've always gotten the feeling that trans men were more likely to post regularly, while trans women come-and-go.

Outside of the trans population, cis men dominate EC, by far, giving the site a "boys club" feel at times.

9. setnyx

when i first joined i thought i was alone as most of the threads and post as far as trans was mtf.

10. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it's kinda nice how many transguy regulars we've got. As Oddish pointed out, most online trans communities seem like there are more transgirls. Regardless, we've got a healthy dose of both here and that's pretty awesome to me :grin:

11. Claudette

Claudette Guest

Code:

I used to post like 3 times a day,when I first started now I briefly skim the forums giving help where needed ^^ sorta like coming and going =P

12. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not that it really matters, there could be 10 times as many transmasculine people than there are transfeminine people and I don't for a moment think I would feel left out or uncomfortable about it!

I don't think I've seen a single thread in our little section that hasn't had responses from all kinds of people.

13. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I believe transgirls are more common in real life, as well. Probably for the same reason that XY intersexed are more common than XX intersexed - biologically speaking, female is the default.

14. laurenc

laurenc Guest

one of the reasons why I feel left out (in the trans section) is because its hard to be of any help when the the majorty of people who are in search of help and of others like them are people who do not need help from me and do not share any experiances with me. and when I know what I am talking about no one listens because I am a trans girl and have only been able to live life threw a trans female pov.

15. Sarcastic Luck

Not true. You know what it's like to be trans. You can give advice on how you came out to people, how to go about getting support. Ellia is a transwoman but I see her giving advice to questioning people of both genders, to transwomen, and to transmen.

16. laurenc

laurenc Guest

when I try to help others they ignore me (people ignore me all the time)

17. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What makes you think that?

18. laurenc

laurenc Guest

the fact that no one messages me back and when I reply to threads no one replys after me even when its a thread with many replies

19. Sarcastic Luck

No one can message you right now, if you mean PMing. As for wall messages, I quite honestly tend to forget about them. With threads, I tend to only reply to people if I'm correcting them, have something supplemental to add, or am agreeing with them.

20. laurenc

laurenc Guest

not personal messing ,I mean wall messages and anywhere I have an account and can talk to people