1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gender crisis

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ConfusedAtHeart, Mar 10, 2014.

1. ConfusedAtHeart

I've become more adamant about being a male instead of female. I even have a name, Adam, and during spring break my friends are only going to refer to me as such. I bind almost ever day, and want to cut my hair short. I have gotten offend when called a girl and activly replied positively to my nephew calling me a boy (even if he was joking). I got really dissapointed when I shaved my legs and yearn for a masculine build. Im still young (16) and I need advice on how to determine I'm transgender or not. (I know there isn't a solid way to figure it out)
    Is it possible to be ftm and bisexual?
    I have such a strong feeling to be male but my brain screams "Nooo everyone will hate you. You were born female, thats all there is to it." It's driving me insane. :help: :bang:

2. Claudette

Claudette Guest

It sounds like you are in fact transgender. being transgender has no bearing on your sexual orientation, the two are completely un-related ^^
    You may find a lot more allies then foes if you do come out as Transgender, as science has advanced and studies done on such a thing, it has become more and more socially accepted. Plus it is better to start younger then older, your first step however should be seeking out a Gender Therapist, if you can't afford one alone, I would talk to your parents about it first, let them know is an honest real thing, not something that should be brushed under the rug. ^^

Gender Therapists for Transgendered, Transsexual and Crossdressers: Psychologists
    That is a list of Gender Therapists in the States, I love helping younger newer Transgendered individuals, let me know if you have any questions

3. ConfusedAtHeart

It actually made me happy to hear someone say it. I am canadian though. My mom is a little crazy when it comes to this because she is christian, though, her favourite saying is "I don't hate the sinner, I hate the sin." I'll come out to my sister before I come out to her, so I can get help with getting the therapist. I've tried to "Bush it under the rug" myself, mostly from fear. Thank you for replying. c:

4. Claudette

Claudette Guest

That's the great thing about Transgender, it isn't a sin, the bible doesn't really touch the subject ^^ My family are also Christian but have supported me 90% of the way lol
    I brushed this under the rug for most of my life, now that I am out, I regret ever putting under the rug.

http://lauras-playground.com/intgender_therapsits.htm#Canada

Here's the Canadian listing ^^

I found my Therapist through this site, plus I know it is updated regularly ^^

5. ConfusedAtHeart

My mom seems to think it is, but she's also a very loving person, so I should make it out alive.
    I'm glad they supported you. C: It's always nice to have support.
    Thank you so, so much. ^u^

6. Claudette

Claudette Guest

She would be hard pressed to find it in the bible lol I think only Cross-dressing is mentioned
    in Deuteronomy 22:5 where it says men should not wear garments for women, and vice versa... for it shall be met with disapproval by god.
    But in todays age... well I don't think it is a well known verse, as it's not really frowned upon unless you go to the extremes.
    But again, you're not cross-dressing are you? ^.- you're just affirming your inner gender! =) there is a big difference from cross-dressing and being transgender =p
    I would recommend your mother read this:
    http://community.pflag.org/Document.Doc?id=202
    It is a booklet for family and friends of Transgender individuals, to help clear up any questions or doubts they may have ^^