1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Agender or Genderfluid? Are these me?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Csteg, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Csteg

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hello everyone!
    I am biologically female and am content with my sex. However, I've been questioning my gender for a few months.
    All my life, I've grown up as being a "female" mostly because of cisgender assumption; I didn't even know other genders existed until recently. I know, I was VERY ignorant...
    This might sound odd, but the way I dress really does affect how I feel about myself. If one day I wear a dress, then I will want to be female. But another day if I just wear a hoodie and jeans with no makeup, I'll feel like a boy or even just nothing. Even my whole demeanor changes, too, with whatever I'm wearing. Very sorry if this doesn't make any sense, but it's the only way I can describe it! I don't even have a preference to pronouns - people have asked me what I would like, and I'll just tell them to use whatever they want because I don't care. I'm just not sensitive to it and don't get offended by pronoun usage.
    I've really only come out to my closest friend about this because they're the only one in my circle of friends that is genderqueer. They suggested agender because of how I'll frequently not identify as any gender, or genderfluid because of how I'm always switching according to my clothing.
    Can anyone help me out with this?

2. animequeen567

It makes sense. And also, I would say you are more genderfluid. Agender people don't identify with any gender while genderfluid means that you identify with one gender sometimes and sometimes another. Perhaps bigender?

3. Csteg

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I appreciate your France signature. What a character.
    I'm not sure about bigender because there are days when I don't feel like anything. Now that I think about it, it might be genderfluid. I just wasn't sure about that because I feel like my mannerisms are defining me and I myself am not taking a stand regardless of everything.