1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Make Up :D

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Enya, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Enya

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I tried out make up for the first time today and it went better than I thought it would, all except the lipstick lol that's going to take some practice. Oh and I forgot to pick up eye shadow today when I was out so I couldn't give that a try but I had foundation, eye liner, mascara, lip stick and powder! It felt right you know? Like I was okay with doing it which I don't think most males could say the same thing. It was rather funny because my hand was shaking the whole time being nervous :,( it has gotten harder to see myself as a female unlike before because I had all my hair basically shaved off D: now I only have makeup to have me feel and look feminine

2. Csp1993

Csp1993 Guest

Make-up is amazing isn't it? Just a few swipes of a brush can make you feel better or more awake. It's good that it felt right to you. That's a very reassuring feeling. A new trick I learned for lipstick: apply it to the outer edges of your lips and blend it in with a brush to the fuller parts of the lip. It looks amazing if done correctly. I still need practice with it too.

3. Enya

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I should give that a try, thanks! Might use lip gloss for a bit instead of lip stick for even more practice

4. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I still can't get the hang of make-up...I like how mascara makes my eyelashes look pretty but the rest just looks odd on me...although that might have a lot to do with me being absolutely bloody awful at applying it and my mum only having the sort of makeup that wouldn't look out of place on a very old woman!

5. Enya

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Haha xD yeah tbh I had no real idea what I was doing but as they with practice comes perfect, also kind of hard to feel feminine when I have no girl clothes you know? As for the makeup, I walked to a nearby cvs and bought tons of supplies I would need, left out a couple of things as mentioned because I was so shy buying makeup and thinking of what some might think of me. Though I got through it and I really like cover up I think it's called? Really makes me look pretty :slight_smile: but I made the mistake of getting bright red lipstick lol maybe someday I might look good with it

6. Claudette

Claudette Guest

Best thing to do is look up eye shadow colors that clash with your natural eye color ^_^ then match those colors with your outfit and lipstick to make you "pop"!
    Like for dark blue eyes it's lighter blue, lighter purples and metallic colors(Brown, rust, etc), oranges,dark greens.
    And! don't fall for the expensive brands like Mac... I use covergirl foundation and powder(loose) and it out performs Mac, and is a fraction of the price.
    However bareminerals makes some kick-arse eye shadows.

7. Enya

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Yeah I still need to learn a lot, what eye shadow would go well with dark brown eyes? Also I need to definitely find a cute outfit because I look so masculine with the buzzed haircut it's unreal lol in some way I feel better without the medium hair I had since it looked kind of shaggy but I just miss it still. I decided the next time I grow my hair out I'll take better care of it from the start

8. BelleFromHell

I wish I knew how to put on makeup properly. Whenever I put it on, it's EXTREMELY sloppy and I end up looking like a whore, which is why I never put it on. I wish I could let my femmine side show more, I wouldn't mind being able to wear some light eyeshadow... :astonished:

9. Enya

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Lol see I tried to stick to softer and more natural colors since I wanted something subtle. Perhaps try that? Also I like to watch makeup tutorials from transwomen so I know how to apply everything correctly and what to use :slight_smile:

10. Claudette

Claudette Guest

Tutorials are where I started also... hours upon hours lol had to catch up somehow on 27 years of missing experience

11. Enya

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Yeah that's one of the unfortunate things is, is that some of us have had no exposure to that though. I have like a basic idea of to apply everything such as the order it all goes in. Whenever I'm in doubt about what to do, I stick to just trying to blend everything in with each other since I'm still living as a man to those in my school and my family

12. Claudette

Claudette Guest

Well the best thing you can do is experiment, and see what works best for your facial structure and skin tone, and make-up remover! Eye-liner and shadow can be a pain to remove from a shower/bath alone =p

13. Enya

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Yeah eye liner is such a pain, I think I might still have some on from yesterday lol after work I'm going to go get some face primer, foundation, eye shadow and blush