1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clothing?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ElvenDragon, Mar 15, 2014.

1. ElvenDragon

Out Status:
    Some people
    So, my mom is unsuportive of my identifying as a boy and wearing boy clothes and she told me the other day that when we go to family gatherings, I am to either stay at home or wear my 'proper' clothes. She says that the family would be horrified and confused and wouldn't accept me and that I would be embarrassing her and my dad. I love seeing my family, but I am defiantly not going to another wedding in a dress! :bang:

Any advice?

2. Gen

Gen

In this situation, I would call her bluff.

I am sure that your family loves seeing you no less than you love seeing them. She would only be making the situation more difficult and shameful for herself by refusing to allow the family to have you at gatherings simply because she doesn't approve of your clothing preferences.

3. Vince

Whenever an event comes up I would call the family and say "mom won't let me go. ... Oh, because she said I'm an embarrassment."

You'll make her look bad and embarrass her for real by making her look like the monster she really is. If your family cares tey will come to your rescue.

4. Straw_berry

You could try a compromise and see if she's fine with gender neutral clothes for the wedding, but if that doesn't work I would tell the other members of the family and see if they can help Nyu~ Plus if your mother knew that other members of the family accepted you as who you are then she may be more hesitant on tying keeping your true self hidden Nyu~

5. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

Also, there is such a thing as dressing formal without if being a dress or a skirt. No one is going to say "hey...shouldn't you be wearing a dress?". It's awkward. Seriously, call her bluff.

6. ThePhoenix

If proper clothing is a dress or skirt than I guess I don't dress proper I hate wearing them always have. What's wrong with a nice dress suit?

7. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    If that's the case, call her bluff and stay at home. See what happens from there.

Also, sorry to hear that your mum isn't very supportive. :frowning2: