1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cosplay making me question?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by willfultrans, Mar 18, 2014.

1. willfultrans

Out Status:
    A few people
    I've been identifying as FtM for a while, but this weekend, when I went to a con and cosplayed one of the days as Raven from Teen Titans I found myself feeling really sexy and confident. This was never something I would've been okay with when I identified as a girl, and I figured I'd be embarrassed and trying to hide my legs most of the day.
    Now I'm wondering. I mean I felt so good, but I was obviously wearing typical ladies clothing. I still love my name, and love the idea of being a guy, but in that costume I felt really good.
    Mostly what I am asking is if this is normal? To feel good even though I don't really look like my gender?

2. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe you're genderfluid rather than pure trans? Maybe you're male but like cross dressing? Who knows and who cares?

Whatever makes you happy is what matters. I would rather be female in appearance but when I have a nice suit or something then I'm like... "damn I look dapper".

You're you and be happy with you.

3. Tetra

I feel like if we try to find a definition to put on ourselves, we'll be answerless for the rest of our lives. We change as time goes on, and there's no way of getting around that fact. Like Kasey said, does it really matter? What does a few letters strung together mean anyways? You're you, and that's it. If you feel comfortable doing something, keep doing it. If you end up not liking it after a while, stop doing it.

4. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    I believe that a lot of people question their gender at some point, but when it comes down to it, what do you want?!

I mean you liked dressing up, great. It was probably a lot of fun, doesn't mean you identify any less of a male. :slight_smile:

No need for labels. IF you want one, that's fine. But there tends not to be a need for one. :slight_smile: