1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First steps

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by WillowRose, Mar 21, 2014.

1. WillowRose

So, yesterday I had a chat with my pastor and told him that I'm "exploring the possibility that I may be trans*." I expected him to be supportive, and he was. So, I guess that's a step towards building up a support structure IRL.

And now I'm getting ready to head over to my GP's office to let her know what's going on with me, and to get a sense of whether she's likely to be "on my team" as I head down this road.

In a couple of hours, that'll be three people I'm out to IRL as "questioning".

Yay me, I think! (!)

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yay you! It gets (slightly) easier as you go along :slight_smile:

3. WillowRose

Yes! My physician is on board with providing whatever medical care may come down the road. So, one more ally on the journey.

I was really pleased with her being open to discussing it with me and with how well-informed she was. (She has one MtF patient who transitioned before first coming to see her. While she has never had a patient go through any transition under her care, but she's kind of excited at the possibility of extending her experience in that direction.)

So far, so good!

4. Silver Sparrow

Yaay! Good luck in the future.