1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to deepen voice (no T) and other advice questions

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by wolfxinxchains, Mar 23, 2014.

1. wolfxinxchains

okay so I feel like I'm spamming but I have so many things I need help with! I have to highest pitch voice that is really feminine and it's so hard to make it deeper because I've been trying for about 2-3 weeks so far there is no change at all. (If anything it's higher pitched?)

So I guess these are my questions!

-How to deepen your voice without T?
    -How do I stick up to my parents when they call me daughter, she or by female pronouns in general or by my original name?
    -How do I go about asking for sports bras and boxers??

ANY ADVICE IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!
    Thank you,
    Adam

2. DeLuna

DeLuna Guest

Adam, I dont know how to deepen your voice without hormones but for your parents, I would just ask the most supportive parent to go shopping with you and casually slip a few sports bras into the cart..for the boxers, i would ask for them by saying that they are more comfy on your skin and also they cover more skin for your more free to walk around in underwear.....i would just do this all very casually, dont make a huge deal over it..be passive aggressive

3. Tetra

Hey Adam,
    So as for the voice-deepening, If you have a webcam or a camera, why not practice from that? Just keep saying the same phrase over and over in different pitches and see what works best for you. I don't know if this makes any sense, but try talking from deep in your throat. It'll sound like you have a cold at first, but if you keep practicing, it'll get better.

Secondly, as for the boxers, why not go to the store by yourself? Maybe get a bus to wal-mart or something, and pick up some stuff that you need. If your parents see them in the wash, just say you sleep in them because they're comfortable (which isn't a lie).

And don't get upset at your parents by using female pronouns. This is difficult for them, too. Have patience, and talk it out with them. Let them know how much it bothers you and maybe make some analogies that they could understand.

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    One thing that has helped me make my voice deeper is to focus more on projecting my voice and talking from my chest.

For your parents, that harder situation. Have you tried sitting them down and telling them how that makes you feel? I did that with my parents and they have been a lot better about my name and pronouns lately. They are not going to get it down overnight though, so, it's important to remember that it's a process.

As for sports bras and boxers, I would try telling your parents that you are more comfortable in those than in regular bras and women's underwear. You could always play the "lots of women wear boxers" card as well. That worked for me when my parents first saw that I was wearing boxers.

5. wolfxinxchains

My parents would never let me go to walmart alone and I only have like 4 dollars and I have no idea how much money boxers cost. I mean, for sports bras I could just ask my mom, but I've been thinking about talking to my big bro for advice too. Tetra, I can also tell that by how they act, they aren't even trying to call me Adam or by masculine pronouns. I also am wondering, what type of boxers do you prefer and since theres different types (I'm pretty sure) what are they? lol I'll probably just go google it.

6. Tetra

Yeah, definitely ask your brother if you feel comfortable with that.

As for the type of boxers, whatever you want. I prefer just loose, and you can generally get 2 pairs for like $10, if not cheaper. They aren't really expensive. You can also get tighter ones if you want, it's all up to you.

7. wolfxinxchains

ok cool thanks Tetra! and also, I do my own laundry so no matter what I could sorta get away with having boxers ^w^ I probably wouldn't walk around in a shirt and boxers in my house though since that would make me feel a bit oblidged to take my shirt which, without any type of surgery, would make me feel so uncomfortable. but I guess I'm sorta waiting for the day I can wake up and be just well... male! like biologically or at least pass as look the part. I know I'm probably gonna have to just wait a year or ask for a binder and a chance to see a gender therapist and get a chance to get HRT for my birthday. Because that would be pretty amazing.

---------- Post added 23rd Mar 2014 at 11:08 PM ----------

take my shirt off* lol tired = typos

8. Ash93

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Voice deepening trick!! Look forward with your head straight and hum as low as you can, then tilt your head all the way back, BUT KEEP HUMMING AS LOW AS POSSIBLE! This stretches your vocal cords the way guys vocal cords form and deepens your voice. If you practice talking after doing this it works your voice muscles. Don't overwork your throat though, build up an endurance and be gentle. I did this while I was sick once, and I sounded like a legitimate man for an hour!!

9. suninthesky

This.

Also, for sports bras, you might consider getting into exercise, such as running. I started running when I was 14 and ended up getting a college scholarship!

How long have you been out to your parents? I've been out to mine for 10 months now and they still haven't even tried the pronouns once.. It's a lot for parents to work through and patience goes a long way. I know, it's hard. But you have to be strong while they deal with their feelings.

If I could go back to when I was 13, I would change things. First, I'd come out to them, which you've done. :slight_smile: And next, I would keep the conversation going. Keep talking to them. I know that's hard too. Sometimes it takes a lot for me to bring up trans issues with my parents, but keep doing it. At your age, there's a chance you could get on hormone blockers which could save your body from going through some stuff that you don't want. I'm sure you already know that, but it's important to make sure that your parents know that and get them thinking long term instead of short term. I don't remind you of this to make you more frustrated that your parents haven't quite come around yet - I say it because you have a chance that many transpeeps would give anything for, and if it is what you want, it's worth pursuing that chance.

10. wolfxinxchains

I'm actually planning on coming out to more of my family in a few weeks if all goes well. I've been out to them about a month now and I want to get across the fact that I have not been as happy from feeling dysphoric and such... however, the good news is that hopefully soon I can get boxers or something similar to boxers. in the last like 6 days my aunt has given me so much advice and she is SO amazing awesomely supportive.

---------- Post added 24th Mar 2014 at 08:12 PM ----------

and I've also already started puberty. about a year ago.?