1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ftms and cologne

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Vince, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Vince

Ok so I've always loved wearing cologne to feel masculine. I wear egoist by Chanel because I wanna be like Gackt, he's my masculine role model. I feel so amazing when I wear it. I was wondering if anyone else does this or maybe similar things? I mean there's so much more to being trans than binders and packing.

Although people think it's weird that I won't wear sweet smelling colognes. I'm hyper sensitive for one so too me it's really strong which gets sickening after awhile. Plus to me it smells too feminine I guess.

Does anyone else feel like colognes are important to their transition?

2. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Wouldn't say it's important but I like cologne- thinking once I have a comfortable source of income I'll think about splurging on a bottle. My sense of smell's weak, so it's hard for me to distinguish anything that's not especially potent. Which I guess means I gotta watch and make sure I'm not fucking bathing in Old Spice.

3. Vince

XD maybe get someone to help you the first time you where it and memorize how much to use? I always just spray my wrists then rub them together and pit a couple spritzes on my chest. The trick is people should only smell you very close to you.

I got a bottle that I use sparingly when I'm going out so it's lasted me a long time. So worth the money. I just love feeling confident when I wear it.

4. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You should, Old Spice is gooood! :slight_smile:

5. emkorora

emkorora Guest

Hi!

I'm not at all involved in the transsexual community, but I figured some input from me wouldn't be too out-of-place.

One of the MOST masculine things, to me, is (1) cologne and (2) the male "musk." Some people hate it, but I love the classic musk.

Fortunately, I've heard of some colognes that are centered around more... appealing-smelling musk. It might be something worth trying. :slight_smile:

6. Vince

Hmmm... I don't know what I'd call my cologne's smell honestly... But girls seem to like it *shrugs* I think I saw Asian spices somewhere whatever that means.

To me though I hate most natural musk. I'm so sensitive to smell that some people are pretty foul.

7. Antalone

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i use axe phoenix, the ladies seem to love it XD plus it does make me feel more masculine C:

8. Vince

Haha nice! That's my deodorant scent. I love that stuff no matter who bashes Axe.

9. willfultrans

Out Status:
    A few people
    My mother was highly against we buying any kind of axe, which led to a very agnst-y night, however, I got my hands on a bottle of Die For Love for Men, and I love it so much. It's not like axe, in which it smells like !!!!BOY!!!! but it doesn't smell like any of the ladies perfumes I've gotten over the years. I really love wearing it, more so when I am with my girlfriend, because she makes me feel more masculine with the way she supports me and even insists on her mom using the right pronouns. I also like using it after gym, because I am in an all girls class, and it makes me feel less masculine to have a class like that. So getting that dose of masculine smelling cologne really makes me feel better. I really wouldn't like to be without it, but I don't know if it's the most important thing to me.

10. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have some cologne from forever 21. I have Black, and the revert eco (Or something like that). I also have one other that is not from forever 21. I think that it is called Obsession. I love wearing it, I just don't wear it very often, because I don't have very many occasions to wear it.

11. Hexagon

I never wear any.

12. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Axe is economical. A little goes a long way. :lol:

13. Ash93

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My dad gets these manly deodorants in packs of eight so I nabbed one and literally feel naked without it. I had to wear my old deodorant for an interview today and it was horrible!

14. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

I'm wearing some Black Suede at the moment- turns out my brother left a bottle behind before he moved. So yeah. I'm hoping as long as I keep it subtle, I can wear this shit when the mood strikes me.

15. Groosenator

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love the way cologne smells, but I haven't bought myself any as of yet. I've been meaning to try some out. I have been wearing men's deodorant. I bought some Old Spice deodorant and I just love the way I smell with it on.