1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MPB for MtFs

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Miiaaaaa, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    Was wondering if anyone had any advice when it comes to Male Pattern Baldness?
    At 21, my hairline is pretty bad, and since I'm going to transition, and want to look as feminine as possible, looking like a balding male really won't help. In all honesty, it's the one thing I'm really dysphoric about and keeps getting me down. I know the wig route is one to take, but ideally, I'd like to try anything I can before having to go down that route.

The hairline is bad, but the worst thing for me is that it's thinning on top too, which makes it hard to even have a fringe. Anyone know of anything to help with that?

(Also, I know there's a good chance that hormones will stop any further thinning/receding.)

Sorry for how poorly written this is as well, I'm not much of a writer. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

EDIT: Also went and got my blood drawn today. Should find out soon if there are any problems, or get the green light for 'mones medically. :grin:

2. Claudette

Claudette Guest

Maybe you could try bosely? or any hair surgery?
    You should check with your insurance, as it varies with companies but some will move some "Cosmetic surgeries" into "medical surgeries" with a doctors note and therapists note.
    I have blue cross blue shield and (after jumping through a ton of hoops) they finally relisted a few Plastic surgeons for me into Medical surgery because of my Dysphoria, so breast augmentation will be covered for me when/if I need to do it.

3. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    It might be something to look into, but I very much doubt it'll be covered by the NHS. And FFS looks to be in the region of ~£15,000. O.O

4. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
  5. Tayb24

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've heard of some people getting good results with finasteride. Talk to the doctor who will be prescribing the hormones and see if they can get you on finasteride too to help with MPB.

6. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    Ok, I'll ask about it when we discuss my bloodworm. Thank you. :slight_smile: