1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

random (short) rant to vent my rantiness

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by triptych, Mar 27, 2014.

1. triptych

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So... i've been "out" on facebook for, oh i dunno, a few months (total shot in the dark). I got maybe 1 or 2 ambiguous "congratulations" or whatever, not really concerned with that. What DOES kinda bother me though, is that when I post "typically girly" stuff people will like and/or comment... and when I post stuff like this...
    [​IMG]

Nobody ever likes or comments on it, lol.

I know I might totally have the wrong idea, but this feeling of being universally misunderstood remains :dry:

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If it helps, I haven't the faintest idea what that is supposed to mean, and I can't stand those comic things (and I know a lot of others can't either), so...

3. Kenaria

I'm young, so this may be the reason, but honestly that makes absolutely no sense to me xD
    Maybe I'm not alone...

4. triptych

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ok, i guess showing a bitstrips comic took away from my point, lol...
    i know everyone hates them, i dont, whatever...

to clarify my point:

I make a "girly" post or a post about being trans and people respond positively.

I make an expressive post or intellectual post or artsy post or any post not "related to the trans 'issue'" and people just plain dont respond or react to it... even if i stick with common, every-day words...

My natural method of communication is to "flex my vocabulary" (honestly i'm not trying to show off, that's just how I communicate. i'm sorry if it irks people sometimes, i understand that it could, but the reason for which i do it is honestly not about them, lol... there really is no conscious or premeditated reason behind it, its just naturally me. but I manytimes suck it up and communicate in a fashion that is different than natural for me, aaaand i die a little inside every time i do. i know i'm weird, ok? i've embraced that double-edged sword a long time agoooooo)

~love y'all!

5. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    See the thing with facebook and other social networking type deals is that the mundane stuff works better.

If I type in "Dude I totally love the bloody arse off these pancakes" you can bet I'm going to get some responses. Other people think it, and I just said it! LIKE!

If I type in "Thank you all for supporting me through my coming out/transition, I'm glad I have such good friends" I'm getting responses. If I like that status, it's talking about ME right? LIKE!

If I type in "I love my doggy! She's so totally cute!" I'm getting responses. Everyone loves their dogs.

If I type in "I just got given flowers! Aren't they pretty!" You KNOW I'm getting responses.

These are all simple, easy to relate to or they are personal. They get likes.

If I post something about intellectual or artsy, the only people who will even READ it are the people who are interested in it anyway. For those people, if I haven't given them any new information or anything to discuss, why would they bother? People don't come to ME for news!

6. triptych

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yup yup, im 100% aware, lol.

i was just ranting about how frustrating that is to me, as i have no current outlet for certain things (not asking for outlet suggestions, but thanks anyway)

:smilewave

7. anonym

anonym Guest

Why don't you start a blog or something of things that are intellectual and artsy?

8. NotBrokenYet

Most of any kind of activist or intellectual stuff I put on my page is ignored, and yet yesterday, I made a brief two-sentence post about how I had a bunch of raw honey on my face on purpose and a bunch of people (including people I haven't seen or talked to in ages) just liked it out of the blue.....

I totally feel where you're coming from. .___________. I leave most of the complex and articulate stuff for Tumblr...