1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Agender, perhaps? Looking for advice about my identitiy.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Bring it, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Bring it

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When I was born I was assigned as female, and I've identified as such since then. I've never experienced major gender dysphoria and I'm fine with being considered female, but I'm not sure that I've always felt like a "girl." Honestly, if I had the choice, I'd probably choose to be gender neutral rather than part of the gender binary.

One particular moment that makes me wonder was when I was talking with some friends and one referred to me as "she." I don't know why, but at the time it felt weird to be called "she."

I'm fine with looking feminine, I even enjoy it sometimes. But I'd rather look androgynous or somewhere between androgynous and female.

I've also been considering trying a binder. If I decide I like it, do you think it would be ok for me to switch it on and off depending on how I feel that day or should I try to wear it regularly. I'm asking in terms of social interactions, like I feel like it would be weird for people if my breasts switch between flat and normal all the time.

2. Tetra

I don't see why it'd be a big deal. They'd probably take some getting used to your chest-fluctuations, but it doesn't effect them anyways. I'm sure if you talked to them about how you're feeling, they'd understand even better.
    If you're uncomfortable with talking to them about it, why not just wear it around your house to get a feel for it, and then maybe wear it out alone in public a few times? Just so that YOU become comfortable, or decide that you don't like it so much. Then, when you're ready, start wearing it to school/around your friends. They may not even notice it anyways.
    Remember, this is for YOU. Not them. So don't worry too much about they think. If it makes you happy, then that's all that matters anyways.

3. animequeen567

I understand exactly how you feel because that's pretty much how things happened for me when I started questioning my gender. I kept going through different identities, mainly bigender, neutrois, and then back to female until I decided I never really felt like any gender and decided I was actually agender. As for binding on and off, I still haven't gotten one yet because I'm poor lol but that's what I plan on doing too so I don't think it's that big of a deal. Who cares what other people think, you know?