1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Only for FTMs...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by FireSmoke, Mar 28, 2014.

1. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

Hi guys,

I have a question to ask. What about men underwears? Do you wear exactly men's boxers (with cloth who is left) or special boxers that have the same manly style but have a "woman" cut?

I want to wear men's underwears but the idea to have some cloth who is left make me feel disphoric. But if the cut is the "woman" 's cut (that is a underwear who doesn't expect the presence of a penis) there's no problem.

I don't know if I explain myself well...Any suggestion?

2. DeLuna

DeLuna Guest

I'm not a guy but I'm actually a expert in this because of years trying to fit in.........

I suggest getting some boxers without room for a penis.. You could even get small boxers for it does not even have room for a penis

Sorry I'm not FtM

3. Tetra

I don't really get dysphoric about the extra space. The be honest, I don't really notice it… I think wearing "women's cuts" would be worse for me than having that extra space there. But yeah, you could try smaller boxers, or maybe packing if that helps you at all.

4. Calix

I hadn't thought about that possibility. I'm still in the process of building up a wardrobe. My bottom dysphoria doesn't happen often, but when it does, it's pretty bad. But wearing female underwear makes me feel horrible, so I'm going to buy boxers anyway.

5. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

Don't worry! I appreciated your reply :slight_smile:

Yeah, you're right because I don't have bottom disphoria but I don't know where I can buy this type of underwear.

6. alex3191

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I wear boxers, if you get a smaller size than you normally would you won't notice the extra cloth but the smaller sizes might to be tighter on the hips and thighs so get a couple different sizes and see which you like best.

7. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

Are you sure that wearing a small boxer doesn't give me problems? And about aesthetics? Isn't it a little ugly?

#7 FireSmoke, Mar 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2014
  8. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

I get pretty bad bottom dysphoria so I need the extra space. Got a pack of boxer briefs I really like. Not great for STP use, since the pocket's all weird but it's great for packing.

But lot of stores carry 'boy shorts', so if you look in lingerie, you'll see them. Usually spandex. They're not long but they've got the boxer cut without the extra crotch space. Used to wear those before I finally bought boxers. If you look around, though, some retailers carry feminine boxers.

9. laurenc

laurenc Guest

not a guy but I may be able to help. you could look into unisex underwear or slightly smaller sizes or different brands. like for certain brands 1 size fits just right while others another size is the right fit

10. justjade

I actually like boxer briefs. They're nice for me. Maybe you could try trunks if you don't like boxer briefs. They have much shorter legs. But both are pretty snug. You could try briefs, too, but for the record, I do not support tighty whiteys. If you're going to go with briefs, I suggest doing solid blue or black, or stripes, maybe red if you're feeling particularly daring.

11. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wear boxer briefs and boxers sometimes. It really depends on my mood. Even before I started to pack, I would wear them. The extra space never really bothered me. If anything, it was nice because it gave me some extra room to move.

12. Groosenator

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not 100% positive I understood the question, it's pretty late at night and I'm recovering from a cold, but I think you might be interested in something like these: a-joint Products

They make underwear and other products specially made for trans* purposes. I haven't bought anything from them yet but I've heard some positive feedback.