1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Omg plz help

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by triptych, Mar 29, 2014.

1. triptych

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    my situation at the moment is... more complicated than i care to discuss.

however

i desperately need some advice/information/solutions/etc

my situation in a nutshell:
    -no income (i *want* to find a job, i just need to be able to present en femme, as myself, bla bla. i cant do the androgynous thing. its not an option for me. i have no idea what my options are)
    -no emotional support except therapist
    -need to find a place to live before may 1, 2014, that will allow me to be myself (present en femme, take hormones, etc) as my lease at my current apartment is ending and i cannot muster the money to renew it.
    -very unsure if my current insurance will be usable for my upcoming 1st doctor's visit for hrt (4-30-14). i called the doctor's office, they do accept my insurance, but there will be a copay that i likely wont be able to pay... also my current insurance is paid for by someone who probably wont allow me to use it for this purpose... i cant use the only free plans i qualify for (medicaid/ahcccss) even if i could, they wouldnt start coverage until may 1. if this doctors visit ends up being cancelled or postponed, i think i may shrivel up and die... sorry if im being "melodramatic"

basically, i wouldnt be so worried about everything if I could just find a job that could accept that i'm now full time and that i cant go back, its just not mentally/emotionally possible right now (dont ask why, thatll take me far too much time and energy to explain)

ANY help or advice in this matter is very much GREATLY appreciated! im in dire straits lol... plz help :tears:

2. nyxe

I'm no expert, sorry, but I did a quick google search and found a trans center in Pheonix, as that appears to be your location. I'm not sure how much they would be able to help, but you could probably contact them for help or advice.
    Here's the link to their site-
    The AZ Trans Center | This Is HOW

3. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, let me get some more background.

What are your areas of strengths and qualifications?

Also is there a more LGBT friendly area which has a cafe or store that might have a position to start with? Look around for LGBT owned business and put your name in for a position. You might have to start at the bottom but that's at least a start.

However I have no idea how Medicaid or anything works, I've always had insurance under my family or paid for my own. So someone with more experience may be able to help.

4. triptych

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    thank you both for your input! im going to start with what you two have recommended. i cant express enough gratitude! i love you both! lol <3

any information anyone else has would also be more than welcome!

oh and regarding strengths and whatnot, i have at least 2 years of customer service under my belt, im handy with computers, sales, uhhh... some knowledge of tax return preparation... ive worked at grocery stores, walgreens (photo department and cashier), buy/sell/trade record stores, inbound telemarketing, remote computer diagnosis/repair, IKEA (probably cant reapply there), a warehouse (stocking, shipping, filling bottles with product, etc), pizza delivery, and ive also worked at my sperm-donor's home office for tax prep... ill add more if anything else comes to mind

oh and, my work history has been pretty spotty... laregly due to the myriad symptoms of dysphoria =S

#4 triptych, Mar 29, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
  5. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well like I said, apply to places that are transgender friendly. Nyxe gave you a good start in your local area, and are probably better off helping you locally too. But I'm glad we could at least give you a little push in the right direction.

6. triptych

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yes i certainly will! and thanks so much to both of you, it made my day!!

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

7. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Stay strong girl. (*hug*)

8. nyxe

Good luck with it! I'm sure you'll be able to find somewhere good for you :slight_smile:

9. triptych

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i just sent a big huge email to thisishow.org *fingers crossed*

oh gosh... im breaking down, lol... you two are awesome :love: (&&&) :love:

10. nyxe

awesome! and thanks XD hopefully they'll be able to help you out