1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good Gender Therapists in Arkansas?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by soupycampbell, Mar 30, 2014.

1. soupycampbell

Out Status:
    Some people
    ls there any gender therapist in Arkansas that could diagnose people with gender dysphoria? I trust you all more than the internet.

2. DeLuna

DeLuna Guest

GOOGLE is a good way to find that out

---------- Post added 30th Mar 2014 at 07:30 PM ----------

Sorry that my answer is lame

---------- Post added 30th Mar 2014 at 07:30 PM ----------

Hmmmmmmm.. I suggest talking to a school counselor in your area about this if your still in school

3. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That depends on where you are specifically. On TrueSelves, I've only been able to find one in the Arkansas thread:

Ralph Hyman, EdD
    The Psychotherapy Center
    210 S. Pulaski
    Little Rock, AR 72201
    (501) 374-3605

The thread is really old so maybe things have changed. When in doubt, search Google for therapists in your area. I did that and found a handful in my small city.

4. Just Jess

A great resource for anywhere is Dr Becky's list,

Therapists

Here's two from that page,

Fayetteville

Mary V. Cochran, Ph.D.
    Cochran Counseling
    101 W. 4th S St.
    Fayetteville AR 72701
    (479) 575-9302
    [email protected]

Little Rock

Ralph Hyman, EdD
    The Psychotherapy Center
    210 S. Pulaski
    Little Rock, AR 72201
    (501) 374-3605

Now as Daydreamer1 pointed out, these lists do tend to gather dust before they're updated. So the best approach when you find a name from anywhere is to do a phone number search, and either a "cold call" or a "cold e-mail" - in other words, try to contact anyone you find info for without knowing whether it will work.

I picked the first one as an example, just typed the phone number into google,

https://www.google.com/#q=4795759302

And if you look on that page you see several references to "Mary Cochran" and one to "Arkansas Transgender Support", so there is a very good chance that number is still live.

I'm going to go ahead and send an e-mail her way, and let you know if she is still around. But hopefully I've "taught a man to fish" so to speak. I'd really recommend repeating this process with the other people on your own, so that you can shop around and get the best fit for you.

5. Just Jess

Heard back from her a while ago, she'd be happy to see any new patients :slight_smile: