1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

am i over reacting?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by alex3191, Mar 31, 2014.

1. alex3191

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So I was just on Facebook and my aunt had tagged me in a video. its of a woman and at the end of the video its revealed she is a trans women, my aunt always tags me in trans or gay stuff she find on Facebook but in all these posts the trans or gay is the butt of the joke. I know she tags me in these because she thinks its funny and some of my family members tagged in it also found it funny but I don't think it is. Reading through the comments left by other people seeing they wrote 'freak, trap,eww, ect.. Makes me feel like our bodies are just jokes to be laughed at. If I told my family why I don't think its funny they will say i can't take a joke and I'm making a big deal out of nothing they have said this every time i have called them out on making jokes about of trans people. My family make jokes about everything and normally i can take a joke but this bothers me, i can't see what's funny about it. Am i over reacting? Should i say something or just ignore it and what should i say if i do bring it up?

2. Butterfly72

Un tag yourself and tell her you found it offensive and not to tag you anymore. If she carries on unfriend her. Well thats what I would do. Good luck xx

3. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with butterfly. No reason you should have to put up with that.

If they say you can't take a joke, you know what? Fine. No, no you can't take a joke about something like this, nor should you be expected to.

4. biggayguy

It's akin to telling racial slur jokes. Very few people tolerate those jokes any more. untag yourself. Then tell your family it's something you don't want to hear. Let them think you're being too sensitive if they want.

5. Techno Kid

^ This