1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Random Thoughts and Babblings About Gender.. Stream of Consciousness?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Gee wbu, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Gee wbu

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm unsure of my gender/gender expression.. I mean, I know I'm biologically female but still. I use male pronouns A LOT, I prefer he/him/his et cetera but if not then gender neutral pronouns, you know.. they/them/their.. I don't know. I wear make up nearly all the time.. and paint my nails(both very feminine) but I also have short hair.. I will always, always, always wear boxers, even though sometimes I wear dresses/skirts - stereotypically girl's clothes and other times I dress "like a boy". I go by a gender neutral name and unless asked will not reveal my gender to anyone.. I cosplay as both male and female characters.. my body is far too femenine for my liking.. help.

2. May I ask a question? Do you feel pressured to choose a label for yourself because so many in society has?

I once watched a documentary (if the name comes to me I'll insert it here) where someone claimed that the only reason people are forced to choose a gender is to make it easier on others. It kind of makes sense if you think about it.

If you feel you need to choose a gender for your own assurance, just ask yourself what do you really feel? Maybe it's that binary roles are the only ones that you are familiar with? No offense intended when I say this. I mean that there are a lot of people that don't realize that you aren't limited to choosing if you are a boy or a girl. There are gender-fluid people, genderless, intersex, and the Native Americans even had a term called "Two-spirited" where the masculine and feminine spirit inhabited a single body. If you feel that you need a category to fall into, try researching all the different types of genders out there. There is even an extensive list of gender'neutral pronouns for people who do not classify as masculine/feminine.

Whatever you choose in life, just be sure that you are putting your own interests and happiness first. =)