1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What am I???

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by artist92, Apr 1, 2014.

1. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    All of my life I was raised as a boy. Worn boy clothing, and only allowed to do normal boy stuff. But it has always just felt weird. It's not really that I feel I am a girl, but I also don't feel male. I could never tell anyone, even my boyfriend. But whenever I'm alone, I wear girls clothes because i feels so much more natural. I never wore makeup, but have wanted to for so long. And I would love to be able to wear "girls clothes" without being in hiding. I don't necessarily want to be female, but I also don't really like being male. What am I, and what should I do?

2. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    You're artist92.

But seriously, no-one can tell you who you are, but maybe there's a possibility of being agender?

Also, why not try make up. Couldn't hurt right? :slight_smile:

3. Chess

Chess Guest

You are human, just as we all are.

I'm going to parrot the advice I've been given on multiple occasions. You don't have to confine yourself to society's definition of gender. You don't have to be male or female of anything. Just be you. Don't worry about labels, just do what feels right.

^^ hope that helps.

4. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks y'all. I do think agender is a term I like better. I still go by male around public, because I'm too nervous, but maybe I'll eventually build up confidence. Thanks!

5. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I took a small first step and wore just a little eyeliner today. Not a lot, but just enough to make my eyes sort of pop. It may not sound like a big step to you, but it was a giant leap for me. Maybe one day I'll be comfortable wearing makeup and a dress. I don't hate guys clothing, but I like girls dresses just as much.

6. Frosty

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Proud of you! Its okay to wear what you want to wear! I hope your confidence continues to build!

:grin:

Be Yoursefl!