1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Binder question?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by FightingShadows, Apr 1, 2014.

1. FightingShadows

So, I'll be buying my second binder fairly soon and was wondering, just like with my first one, will I have to give myself time to adjust to it because it'll be new? Or, where I've been binding for about a year and my body is used to it, should I have no problem?

2. Niko

I can't say from experience, because I bind with a homemade binder. But I think you'll need to adjust to it again because your old one is used and stretched out, where as the new one is going to be tighter because it hasn't been worn yet.

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It'll be a little bit tighter at first, but as you wear it it will get better. It shouldn't be as bad as when you are first starting to bind though. If it is, then you might have too small of a binder.

4. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Yeah. I mean, you'll be used to the feeling but you gotta give your binder time to break in. Think it took me about a week of binding before I could wear mine for more than five hours at a time comfortably (I've gone up to 12 hours without notice- wouldn't recommend you go that long but I was comfortable, only took it off because I had to sleep).

Best of luck.

(actually that reminds me. Need to get myself a second binder as well... It'd be nice to have a full length one).