1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Passable haircut???

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by hii, Apr 1, 2014.

1. hii

hii

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, I'm going to start calling myself male on here, although I'm going to wait a little longer until I come out to anyone in real life.

My parents agreed to let me get a short haircut. I'm probably going to look through some hair magazines and pick what I want at the hairdresser's, and I don't want to make the wrong choice.

My parents don't know I'm (pretty sure that I'm) trans so it can't be anything uber masculine and I already know that I'm going to be looking through women's haircuts at the hairdressers, but I need to know what will allow me to pass as male as well.

In case it matters my hair is quite straight at the top (it waves when it gets longer, like my dad's) and blonde and I'm not allowed to drastically change the colour. Right now it's also pretty long so I have plenty to work with. Any tips on what to choose?

2. Tetra

If you don't want your parents knowing, I brought in a picture of Ginnifer Goodwin from Once Upon a Time when I cut mine short over 2 years ago. It's a pretty masculine cut anyways, so it works. That or a "pixie cut".

3. Arikara

I suggest looking through men's haircuts first online, and picking one that suits you. When you get to the hairdresser, look through the womens magazine and pick one that is the closet match. Before they starts to cut, mention that you want it *just a little different* and describe the haircut you want. If you want to be seen as male, I would think the shorter the better, but everyone has their own style!

4. Vince

I like to steal hair cuts from Gackt :3 but right now I'm sporting an undercut. I'd pick something from a rock star either way. Those are always the best cuts.

5. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just turned to musicians I like and brought in a picture of something I had in mind. (shrug)

6. Niko

Your hair kind of sounds like mine. It depends on how edgy you are, but I looked up short edgy hairstyles on google, and brought in this one picture of a woman with cool hair.

You do not want a bob! That will bring out your feminine features, because it cups around your face and makes it rounder. Get something maybe with spikes (if you like spikes) to bring your features upward. If you're not ready to bring in a picture of a man, there are several of women's haircuts that don't have a bob. Look for a pixie cut or something; but nothing rounded around the face if you want to pass as male.

7. nikidion

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you want to pass as male, then certainly don't get any cuts for women. They will make you look like a woman. Just ask for the hairdresser to cut your hair short, no style, just short, all hair the same length. (I assume that you really mean *short* hair, not short as in shoulder length?)

#7 nikidion, Apr 2, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  8. hii

hii

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the suggestions, guys. What about something like this? I could see it on a dude. It's pretty cool too.

[​IMG]

9. Niko

I think it's great! You can definitely pull that one off for a guy's cut.