1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help... I'm just scared

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Batmanishere, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Batmanishere

My sister walked in on me masturbating and now she won't really talk to me. She is one of the few people who knows about me being bi and she was my ally in short. Now I'm all alone and I don't know to who to talk to. I'm scared about the future, I'm scared about the people who will hate on me for who I am. I'm scared I will die young or lose my loved ones. I'm scared my sister won't want to associate with me anymore... I'm afraid my family won't accept me for being who I am. I'm just really scared, and at this point I'm having an anxiety attack so I really need help. Please does anyone have reasurring words about the future?

2. Niko

Umm...maybe wait till tomorrow and talk to her then? I know if I walked in on someone doing that I'd want to try and pretend I didn't see anything. ^^; But don't worry, it's a natural thing, a lot of people masturbate so I don't see how one can be so disgusted by it, to the point of not talking to you ever again.

I think she's probably just in shock, just give her some time.

3. microwave meals

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Typically masturbation isn't associated with sexuality. So it confuses me why she'd choose to ignore you for something like that, even when she supports your sexuality.

Regardless, try talking to her. If she does support your sexuality, she might be approachable about something like this. Perhaps it was awkward for her to walk in on you and she just wants to avoid any awkwardness between you two for awhile. I'm sure it'll pass.

And you shouldn't be afraid of your family. You don't need their approval to live a happy life, especially regarding something as natural as sexual orientation. If losing them is a big concern, talk it out, tell them how you're feeling. If they decide that something like being bisexual is enough to ruin your relationship then that's their problem and no fault of your own.