1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm Scared

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by twospiritlycan, Apr 1, 2014.

1. I want to know if I did the right thing.

a year and half ago my friends found out I liked to dress up feminine and wished I was a girl, though it wasn't the best circumstances since I was drunk at the time and they found me wandering by the highway after texting them my life was crap. They took me back to where I lived and found my clothes and everything. The place was a mess since I mad about something, I can't remember now.

I was surprised that next morning, they were very accepting and kind to me about what had happened. One of them, she brought up what exactly happened. It took me awhile to adjust to them knowing. The other one I'm not friends with anymore, not because of the whole Wishing I was a girl bit, it was other reasons.

I had another friend who wants to visit me in a few months because he missed hanging out with his old friends. The thing is that he knows I'm Bi and he was fine with that. After telling him, months ago after that little event I mentioned in the above paragraphs, that I was wanting to be a girl. He was indifferent about that to me, but he still hung out and acted like a friend.

Now all of that happened months to a year and a half ago. Recently, I've been thinking of going back to the therapist again because I feel that I might go through with it. Recently my friend sent us that message that he is probably coming back with the intention of travelig around, and hanging around us for at least awhile in a few months. I sent him that message That I might start to transition in the next few months and been thinking about it a lot. My other friend, she was more than fine with it and I was happy about that. I'm not sure about he will take that message.

2. PeytonRose

Being open and honest with your friends is probably key to successfully coming out on the other end ok. You'll figure out who your true friends are and even better have a nice support network to fall back on while transitioning. I say you did the right thing :slight_smile:

Congrats!